? Is Philip king da real king of da lurchers

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

said it 100 times a good dog run anywhere whether itss doagh to ardee to dublin to carlow to boston sleaford a goodin can run aanywhere not many dogs in ireland can do that.

Who ??

Now lads this thing is going to be taken down if this dosent stop if you lads can rember i started a few topics and they were wiped for alot less than this i might add .Now lads the dogs i have are br

Posted Images

Puppy peddler I wouldn't have thought so .....I mean the man bred a savage amount of dogs surely and yes there's one thing about him everything in his yard was for sale not just the rubbish like most of us gettin rid of a few kulls . But I've been at his place a hundred times and he never once asked me to buy a dog he was happy to just have a chat and a cuppa at the best of times he loves people comin to visit I've been out of huntin a couple years now and I bought a dog off him to get back at it again but he offered to lend me a dog or two toget back at it but I'd rather just have my own so he's a genuine guy and anything I know bout lurchers which is not a lot I learned off that man and beleave me I asked a lot of people information when I started out and got no answers worth holdin on to.yere keepin all the good stuff in yere heads lads ha haha

• Like 1

Puppy peddler I wouldn't have thought so .....I mean the man bred a savage amount of dogs surely and yes there's one thing about him everything in his yard was for sale not just the rubbish like most of us gettin rid of a few kulls . But I've been at his place a hundred times and he never once asked me to buy a dog he was happy to just have a chat and a cuppa at the best of times he loves people comin to visit I've been out of huntin a couple years now and I bought a dog off him to get back at it again but he offered to lend me a dog or two toget back at it but I'd rather just have my own so he's a genuine guy and anything I know bout lurchers which is not a lot I learned off that man and beleave me I asked a lot of people information when I started out and got no answers worth holdin on to.yere keepin all the good stuff in yere heads lads ha haha

some people jus dont like educating others mate lol fair play to the man for the offer of a dog :thumbs:

I said on here before look at the dogs that are being talked about now in ireland S.K dog tiger ? kings old breeding N.P.bitch fly? kings old breeding TED ?kings old breeding J.M lucas kings old breeding the dvd bitch ?kings old breeding thats just a few but if yea look at any of the dogs that can do it in ireland his stuff is their alot .FOR ICEY THE DOG I HAD 3YEARS AGO THAT I SOLD WAS THE BEST ENGLISH BREEDING THAT COULD BE GOT . :yes: :yes:

I have to be honest my whole line has philips dogs from past when I think hee had great stuff I'm sure philip still has some his old lines in his dogs. I just added some english quality for wind and cleverness philips lines well known for gameness and heart. I'm good mates with roy lee from eng roy loved philips stuff mixed with good english dogs.

• Like 1

I sent you a message. :thumbs:

Edited by Good Man

your grammars improved :laugh: fair play to the man for offering you a working dog

Not slaggin the guy because i dont kno him but..... How come he gets praised for breading dogs and hancock gets slaughterd ?? Im starting to think its not so much the fact hes breading dogs but the simple fact of the cross he is breading? Collie cross breaders get slaughterd saluki cross breaders get praised? Strange place this THL lol atb walshy

• Like 1

the bloke may have bred a good few lurchers in his time and i bet he was running dogs while a lot of people on here were still in there dads sacks give the man a break some good dogs come from his yard over the years that are still talked about today respect to him 70 years old and still loves the game atb troter

• Like 1

I sent you a message. :thumbs:

Well goodman sent u one back let me know if you got it don't know if I'm workin this [bANNED TEXT]

Not slaggin the guy because i dont kno him but..... How come he gets praised for breading dogs and hancock gets slaughterd ?? Im starting to think its not so much the fact hes breading dogs but the simple fact of the cross he is breading? Collie cross breaders get slaughterd saluki cross breaders get praised? Strange place this THL lol atb walshy

Hi walshy I think Hancock was a legend in his own right but in fairness he concentrated mainly on lampers and the man was a perfectionist at what he did well he strived for perfection anyway so you have to take your hat off to the guy as for the collie cross in this country I don't know if it suits too well with the amount of obstacles and that I think the collie is far too clever to put up with the abuse .and in saying that too much saluki is every bit as bad it seems .ive seem some real good collie crosses do well in the smaller ground cause there very snappy but in the big ground I don't think there suited much . Speedie might know better even Philip king thinks there might have been a bit of collie in Irish lady somewhere but doesn't know for sure if so she was as good a collie cross as you could get and even more important she was a very good producer.but it's just an opinion.

was there irish terrier back along in his lines

was there irish terrier back along in his lines

Ya loads through the years wheaten too he's a firm beleaver in the terrier but speedie could answer more on that think he's the huntin sun he never had lol