? Is Philip king da real king of da lurchers

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

said it 100 times a good dog run anywhere whether itss doagh to ardee to dublin to carlow to boston sleaford a goodin can run aanywhere not many dogs in ireland can do that.

Who ??

Now lads this thing is going to be taken down if this dosent stop if you lads can rember i started a few topics and they were wiped for alot less than this i might add .Now lads the dogs i have are br

Posted Images

i rem that bitch he got a few of philip then an black john from cavan,he got a few of him as well.

tk were you with josey the day he was passing a gypsey camp about dundalk an he spotted a couple hares hanging up, he pulled in for a chat an a look at the gypos old lurcher lying below the caravan. the gypsey told em the ole bitch goes over the fields an comes back with hares all the time..josey wouldnt leave till he bought it all the lads had a whip round to get the money up for it...

PAT the warrener is da king of the lurchers

p elliot you do a good job at the mixing mate thats the third time on three differant names youv picked something i said on another topic an used it to start trouble

i know asleast 30 men that say the best dog or dogs that they ever seen in their lives came from king .What is the best dog: the fastest:: the dog that can run the longest:: the best killer :the dog that produces the best pups or the bitch: a big thing for me in ireland is a dog that can stay on the hare or see him a good way out and get on him. i was out 3 years ago and we seen atleast 20 hares and never got a race ? some of the dogs we had were said to be good dogs but they couldent get a race that day i sold mine and the man that got him was happy with him .The other men that were their said i was mad for selling but the dog dident suit me so IMO the best dog is the dog that suits the ground yer running week in and week out not one yea save all year for a day in england or some where else????????????

• Like 1

i know asleast 30 men that say the best dog or dogs that they ever seen in their lives came from king .What is the best dog: the fastest:: the dog that can run the longest:: the best killer :the dog that produces the best pups or the bitch: a big thing for me in ireland is a dog that can stay on the hare or see him a good way out and get on him. i was out 3 years ago and we seen atleast 20 hares and never got a race ? some of the dogs we had were said to be good dogs but they couldent get a race that day i sold mine and the man that got him was happy with him .The other men that were their said i was mad for selling but the dog dident suit me so IMO the best dog is the dog that suits the ground yer running week in and week out not one yea save all year for a day in england or some where else????????????

said it 100 times a good dog run anywhere whether itss doagh to ardee to dublin to carlow to boston sleaford a goodin can run aanywhere not many dogs in ireland can do that.
  • Like 5

I don't c wat iceman is so warmed up about what was the best dog he bred for in forty r fifty years m sure he had a couple that were equally good .i know he told me a few times bout da rocky dog and dat was some time ago and rusty was another radars I tink he called them no flinching at antin either with them and dat whippet he has now is a freak of a ting da whole country seen dat ting kill haires for fun he's seen some huntin n fifty years dat man how many of us lads will still b at it at 72.

there is some sensible Irish coarsing men amen to that gorger ;)
  • Like 2

I don't c wat iceman is so warmed up about what was the best dog he bred for in forty r fifty years m sure he had a couple that were equally good .i know he told me a few times bout da rocky dog and dat was some time ago and rusty was another radars I tink he called them no flinching at antin either with them and dat whippet he has now is a freak of a ting da whole country seen dat ting kill haires for fun he's seen some huntin n fifty years dat man how many of us lads will still b at it at 72.

THE BEST I EVER SEEN THAT HE BRED WAS DARKY HE WOULD GET ON ANY HARE AT ANY DISTANCE NOT A GREAT STAYER .HE WAS OFF ROCKY AND SILKY BROTHER TO THE RUSTY DOG HE HAD RADAR UNBELIEVEABLE HE WAS .SEEN HIM IN ARDEE SLANE SLIGO ROSCOMMON MAYO DUBLIN ALL OVER NEVER FLINCHED AND HE WAS GIVEN SOME STICK EVERYONE GOT HIM TO LEAD AT DIFFRENT TIMES .THEIR WAS 4 OR 5 LITTERS OF THEM BRED NONE A PATCH ON HIM IMO BUT THEY WERE THE DOG THAT MOST OF TODAYS DOGS GO BACK TO

hitcher the story about josie buyin the dog in the camp was one of loads that the wee man bought. he was up an down ireland lookin for the right dog i bet he spent thousands over the years.i here captain is the new josie :laugh: :laugh: :thumbs:

• Like 3

well if he has sold 2000 dogs surely there must b a good one there you would think and he sells pups for 1200 the man is da king of lurchers
  • Like 1

First bitch I ever got off m was a white bitch with red patches on her off the mother of the swallow and some English bred dog with touch of borzoi in him 28 and a half inches lads around ere laughed at her ha until they seen her goin never seen a better killer she used to kinda pass the hare on one side and throw her head back to lift him beautiful thing to watch I only gave him 350 for that bitch you can always get a bargain off Philip if you looked around he's bigger prices are on the ones he has time put into and are ready to run.the real good ones are always expensive no matter who you buy them off I know most of the guys on this sight would have no trouble putting a few grand or more on an exceptional dog let alone the hundreds you might get asked in kings yard.

• Like 1

Listen is only a question what would the best that as came out off his yard???Maybe there has been that many going in and out yard he does not know Speedie it was only 3 years ago so it must been pup out sligo express or Ned?????.Surely the best dog is the one that does the best in the field.The job it was breed for?????

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

there was a travelling Lad, who had a dog from his yard, it was around 1972/3 He orginally came from the Newcastle area, and settled in south-west Scotland,

I dont like using the LATE, fellows name, but the dog was called, Tucker as well, the dog had a distinct mark on his right hand rib-cage, were he got burnt, when they were washing out some hot material,

he put a lot of Hares away, all over the Land, I had a decent dog at that time and I wanted to run him, but one of his mates told him the story of my dog and there was No run,

Good story mate 1972/3 if i can count thats 39 or 40 years hes selling dogs to england that long and more and in ireland aswell i was just chatting to him a few mins ago and i asked him a few questions so here we go .What was the best dog yea ever breed ?I HAVE SOME NOW AS GOOD AS EVER I BREED ITS HARD TO SAY WHITCH ONE WAS THE BEST ....ME .

yea sold about 50 dogs a year on average over the last 40 years ...I SAPOSE I DID ....thats 2000 dogs ...f**k IS IT AS MANY AS THAT ...it is philip ....JEASUS THATS A SIGHT......

Now lads if anyone on here has breed 2000 dogs or sold them id like to meet them .The men that the man sold the dogs to in england for the last 40 years must be daft to keep coming back when they couldent do it over their men like the LEES B WILLET and a lot more most of his customers were traveling lads i dont think these lads are so slow??????????

I bought my first dog or him in the 80s and their lads on here that bought of him before that and were quite happy with their dogs as i was .The king of the lurchers IMHO yes in ireland for sure

Sounds like more of puppy peddler with them numbers can't see how all 2000 can be touch notch dogs even 50% would be hopeful .

king of peddlers more like Cookie

• Like 2