Just come here to argue???????

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like on fallow buck's

Just had a little think. (God it hurts.)   This person has never hunted before in their life. It probably had never even entered their head. Yet they get a dog that is capable of hunting (all-be-it

Crorider is a young man with his first dog. His dog has shown an interest in hunting and Cro want's to give the dog every opportunity/chance he can. It matters not if the dog is excellent or crap, bu

Posted Images

]it aint a stupid dog, its a dog! and by definition its also a lurcher wether you like it or not

No it's not. It is a mongrel. The Chi or Yorkie are not working dogs :thumbs:

First of all a lurcher by definition is a sighthound crossed with any other breed of of dog. Years ago the word lurcher may have only meant working dog or terrier crossed with a sighthound but not any more. Secondly a yorkie is a terrier which was bred for killing rats in clothing mills. Thats a working dog mate. And although the modern chihuahua is bred primalrily as a companion theyve been purposely scaled down over the years from a wild dog in mexico that survived by hunting all sorts of small mammals.

Incorrect.

A lurcher by definition is a sighthound crossed with a working dog.

Yorkshire terriers and Chis are lap dogs not working dogs. You can probably go back in any dogs ancestry and find a dog which may have worked but it wont make it either a working dog or from working lines.

Enjoy your dog for what it is, not what you want it to be ;)

Your statement is correct years ago, not now. And although a yorkie might not be as good at ratting is a patterdale or bedlington, they are still used by some people, especially crossed with other terriers. i met somebody recently who has one crossed with a patterdale/jack russel and is apparently an outstanding bushing dog

What do you mean, correct years ago and not now, has the lurcher 'breed' changed recently??

Because the odd yorkie can kill rats does not make the whole YT breed working dogs. It is like saying because one labrador is not good enough to be used as a guide dog for the blind, none of them can be used...get my drift?

There is nothing new about cross bred terriers used for working...all of my terriers have been, or are cross breeds. The difference is, the crosses within the dogs were normally working dogs.

A word of advice.....

If you continue to tell people they are all wrong, whilst you are the only person who is right, whilst clearly having no knowledge about the subject you talk about. You will not be taken seriously ;)

As i said, enjoy your little dog for what it is, and give it a good life doing what it is obviously loves doing :thumbs:

Yes, in actual fact it has changed but not so recently. Due to such a high number of accidnetal breedings and other crosses that didnt work out so good, so many ''lurchers'' end up in rescue centres that may not be the best working dogs, thats why they end up there. But im not sure exactly since when but the definition of a lurcher changed from a working dog x sighthound to any dog x sighthound. I know the history of the lurcher, i know exactly why they were originally bred and i also know that theres a lot of people that cant accept the defintion of the word lurcher has changed. but look it up mate, it has. So what am i telling people that im right about anyway? other than the defintion of a lurcher, which although most of you cant accept, i am right about. i didnt make the rules, and the fact that im going to work my ''accidental lurcher'' and he will catch rabbits, which he will and already has accidentally??

whats that make you smart f**k away off and take that shabby rabbit killing dirt ball of fluff away if you wernt so rude poeple whould of helped you. you and your dog have one thing in common you are both mongrels

Rude?? Who do you think you are?? I aint been rude to anyone thats been in the slightest bit helpful. ive only beenb rude to c**ts like you that get rude to me! Read the f****n thread you idiot. find one time ive been rude to someone who didnt start it??

You talk shit, you dont know what the f**k youre about do you? You think that anyone new to the site who hasnt worked a dog before should just let you c**ts say whatever the f**k you want and be grateful for it? What planet are you from

wise up c**t get away on to f**k your like a choclate teapot no f*****g use you get a video of this wonder dog catching something! you come on here to learn no doubt you read a coulple of posts and now you no everything! you think your brain plummer in fact your acting like him a f*****g dreamer

prove em all wrong and go out and do it.

take some pics and job done.

Thats what i intend to do mate, but i think im gonna struggle with a lot of things that i actually came on here to find out. Like how and where do i obtain permission to lamp and does my dog need to be trained to look down the down etc? But i havent been at all taken seriously. I probably would of if i lied about the breed of my dog though.

And i doubt a few pics of my dog with a few rabbits will do anything other than initiate another load of people having a go at me for the type of dog ive got anyway. :thumbs:

But that is what ill do mate

Yes, in actual fact it has changed but not so recently. Due to such a high number of accidnetal breedings and other crosses that didnt work out so good, so many ''lurchers'' end up in rescue centres that may not be the best working dogs, thats why they end up there. But im not sure exactly since when but the definition of a lurcher changed from a working dog x sighthound to any dog x sighthound. I know the history of the lurcher, i know exactly why they were originally bred and i also know that theres a lot of people that cant accept the defintion of the word lurcher has changed. but look it up mate, it has. So what am i telling people that im right about anyway? other than the defintion of a lurcher, which although most of you cant accept, i am right about. i didnt make the rules, and the fact that im going to work my ''accidental lurcher'' and he will catch rabbits, which he will and already has accidentally??

So who exactly was it that changed the definition of a lurcher. The rescue kennels or the people who have worked and bred lurchers for many years? And is your/their definition now the 'official' definition of a lurcher?

If i may point out a flaw in your argument....

Accidental breeding of non working dogs produced 'lurchers' not good enough to work so they ended up in rescue centres. !!!!!

wise up c**t get away on to f**k your like a choclate teapot no f*****g use you get a video of this wonder dog catching something! you come on here to learn no doubt you read a coulple of posts and now you no everything! you think your brain plummer in fact your acting like him a f*****g dreamer

Calm down :D

I will get a vid of him catching a rabbit, but what difference will that make to you? youll never admit youre wrong will you. Youd just come out with a load of bollox like the rabbit was f****d or some shit like that. And when did i say i know everything? I came on here to gain info and ask questions but almost any question i asked was replied with an answer that made no sense. No matter what ive asked all ive been told is not to work my dog but nobody will tell me why? other than cos you reckon it cant catch a rabbit whcih it clearly will and if you saw it run and didnt know the breed youd agree. it has taken much more to the whippet side, 5 times the size of the rest of the litter

look if i had a cat and it could kill a rabbit id take it out but i dont have a cat so i cant try but as i said get a vid so i can see this dog catching a rabbit and not the ones rolling about in laughter about to be snapped up by the pocket rocket???

the mans a clown my heads sore i didnt no you could get someone who knows nothing who in 5 mins knows everything im away to take some painkillers

i didnt no you could get someone who knows nothing who in 5 mins knows everything im away to take some painkillers.So you dont know S/H Then. :laugh: