Just come here to argue???????

Yes, in actual fact it has changed but not so recently. Due to such a high number of accidnetal breedings and other crosses that didnt work out so good, so many ''lurchers'' end up in rescue centres that may not be the best working dogs, thats why they end up there. But im not sure exactly since when but the definition of a lurcher changed from a working dog x sighthound to any dog x sighthound. I know the history of the lurcher, i know exactly why they were originally bred and i also know that theres a lot of people that cant accept the defintion of the word lurcher has changed. but look it up mate, it has. So what am i telling people that im right about anyway? other than the defintion of a lurcher, which although most of you cant accept, i am right about. i didnt make the rules, and the fact that im going to work my ''accidental lurcher'' and he will catch rabbits, which he will and already has accidentally??

So who exactly was it that changed the definition of a lurcher. The rescue kennels or the people who have worked and bred lurchers for many years? And is your/their definition now the 'official' definition of a lurcher?

If i may point out a flaw in your argument....

Accidental breeding of non working dogs produced 'lurchers' not good enough to work so they ended up in rescue centres. !!!!!

its not my definition, everywhere ive taken him have called him that, like the vets and stuff and thats just the way it is now, yeah in the rescue centres or when people are trying to sell their accidental matings. Or anything you read in the description of a lurcher online, apart from anything on thl lol. So i understand that hes not fitting with the original definition of a lurcher but to people not in the hunting world thats what he is, right or wrong its easier than saying whippet cross. The North American Lurcher and Longdog Association was recently created to serve as a registering body for lurchers and longdogs in the USA and Canada and apparently in their description as long as its at least half sighthound, its a lurcher. I understand however that the lurcher was created in britain and to lurchermen itll always mean the same thing and i can understand where theyre coming from. But my dog IS a lurcher in some peoples eyes, just probably not ayone on here. ;)

Lets just say i posted some vids of him catching a few rabbits and you were surprised and impressed considering his breed. Would you still not let me refer to him as a lurcher?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like on fallow buck's

Just had a little think. (God it hurts.)   This person has never hunted before in their life. It probably had never even entered their head. Yet they get a dog that is capable of hunting (all-be-it

Crorider is a young man with his first dog. His dog has shown an interest in hunting and Cro want's to give the dog every opportunity/chance he can. It matters not if the dog is excellent or crap, bu

Posted Images

prove em all wrong and go out and do it.

take some pics and job done.

Thats what i intend to do mate, but i think im gonna struggle with a lot of things that i actually came on here to find out. Like how and where do i obtain permission to lamp and does my dog need to be trained to look down the down etc? But i havent been at all taken seriously. I probably would of if i lied about the breed of my dog though.

And i doubt a few pics of my dog with a few rabbits will do anything other than initiate another load of people having a go at me for the type of dog ive got anyway. :thumbs:

But that is what ill do mate

just go and have fun with your wee dog and dont take anything seriously off any site.........there are hyenas on lots of sites on the net and after all that's all it is...................the internet!! your dogs breeding wont make a blind bit of difference to anyone on here so just enjoy your wee dog and goodluck with it :thumbs:

• Like 1

the mans a clown my heads sore i didnt no you could get someone who knows nothing who in 5 mins knows everything im away to take some painkillers

Call me what you want i aint bothered, but as i keep saying, i dont for one minute think i know 1% the amount any of you do about lurchers as i have no experience in working a dog. Im simply pointing out that ive done my research since i became fascinated by lurchers. Thats why i came here for advice, cos you all know more than me about working a lurcher but as you dont agree with the breed of dog i own, i wont get any advice, just abuse.

You can refer to him anything you want to, it is your dog. You can call him a HRH Corgi if you want to. Just don't keep telling people they are wrong and you are right.

As i keep saying, enjoy your dog.

How many lurchers in this photo :D ...

PoultryRats.jpg

look if i had a cat and it could kill a rabbit id take it out but i dont have a cat so i cant try but as i said get a vid so i can see this dog catching a rabbit and not the ones rolling about in laughter about to be snapped up by the pocket rocket???

I need to get permission before i carry i video camera everywhere i go cos i never see rabbits on my daytime walks. but how do i go about getting permission?

well said vixen BUT i think your wrong dont enjoy your dog hate it only messing have fun hows your foot vixen ?

Hiya........ankle still very sore, so i'm a crabbit auld swine (whats new then) :laugh: :laugh: ..............thanks for asking

• Like 1

Another THL classic.. :laugh: :laugh: .. i hate to admit it but i agree with all theses bullies Corider that aint no lurcher.. :D

a lurcher is intentionally bred a mongral is the result of an accident :laugh: and a yorkie cross whatever cross what ever, is one b*stard of a mongral :laugh:

By all mean's stick up for yourself if you are 100% sure that what folk are saying to you is wrong...but i fear you could be opinionated and rather won't or do not want to hear the truth about your pet..as you have been told but will not listen yourkies and chi's are toy pet breed's NOT all out working dog's..the only working dog in your pooch is a whippet but he is a sight hound..and they would need to be Beddie/collie/bull or several other true none sight hound working breed's in the make up to make a lurcher..