Just come here to argue???????

Your the one that keeps bringing up how the dogs bred, no one gives a f**k but your n

So whats everyones problem then? firstly im not allowed to work him, and now im not allowed to get a proper lurcher to work cos i apparently talk shit? Im going to be working my dogs wether people on here like it or not, just might do better if people would give me some advice other than dont bother??

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like on fallow buck's

Just had a little think. (God it hurts.)   This person has never hunted before in their life. It probably had never even entered their head. Yet they get a dog that is capable of hunting (all-be-it

Crorider is a young man with his first dog. His dog has shown an interest in hunting and Cro want's to give the dog every opportunity/chance he can. It matters not if the dog is excellent or crap, bu

Posted Images

crorider, i wont go down the road of what tag to put onyour canine buddy, but if i were you i would not go looking for permision just yet, leave that to people who have the right tools for the job.

by that i mean trained dogs that know the trade, i would reccomend finding somewhere that holds a few bunnys and walking the fields and hedgerows,

so nobody new is allowed to get into this game then?

trying to be helpful here, if i was better at typing this would come across better.

ok, well thanks. well somebody has offered to take me and my dog ferreting to show us the ropoes as they think thats a better way to introduce my dog to rabbiting. would you agree with this?

crorider, i wont go down the road of what tag to put onyour canine buddy, but if i were you i would not go looking for permision just yet, leave that to people who have the right tools for the job.

by that i mean trained dogs that know the trade, i would reccomend finding somewhere that holds a few bunnys and walking the fields and hedgerows,

so nobody new is allowed to get into this game then?

trying to be helpful here, if i was better at typing this would come across better.

ok, well thanks. well somebody has offered to take me and my dog ferreting to show us the ropoes as they think thats a better way to introduce my dog to rabbiting. would you agree with this?

:clapper:

probably not lol. maybe i should get my own ferrets and introduce him to them? But hes always in the bushes and twice now a rabbit has come running out of there while hes still in there so thats why i wanted a proper lurcher to chase the bolters but everyones telling me not to get a second dog when the first ines not trained yet?? Will they actually need training for daytime walks hoping to catch the occasional bunny?

probably not lol. maybe i should get my own ferrets and introduce him to them? But hes always in the bushes and twice now a rabbit has come running out of there while hes still in there so thats why i wanted a proper lurcher to chase the bolters but everyones telling me not to get a second dog when the first ines not trained yet?? Will they actually need training for daytime walks hoping to catch the occasional bunny?

That actually is very good advice.

You want your first dog as steady as you can get it before getting another. Otherwise the new pup will follow the bad habits of the other one. And you will end up with a pack of unruly dogs causing mayhem to the local wildlife.

If you are serious about wanting and working lurchers then yes, they do need to be trained.

• Like 1

The pure whippet is a properly muscly f****r then.

No, not yet he isn't. Haven't started to build him up properly for the season :thumbs:

thats another question ive got. whats the best way to build my dog up? ive got him on about a third greyhound biscuits, a third trip and a third minced chicken but he seems to be going off them and wont eat as much as i think he should?

The pure whippet is a properly muscly f****r then.

No, not yet he isn't. Haven't started to build him up properly for the season :thumbs:

thats another question ive got. whats the best way to build my dog up? ive got him on about a third greyhound biscuits, a third trip and a third minced chicken but he seems to be going off them and wont eat as much as i think he should?

PM me your telephone number, and i will ring you :thumbs:

That actually is very good advice.

You want your first dog as steady as you can get it before getting another. Otherwise the new pup will follow the bad habits of the other one. And you will end up with a pack of unruly dogs causing mayhem to the local wildlife.

If you are serious about wanting and working lurchers then yes, they do need to be trained.

ok but what training is needed? his recall is excellent unless theres an unspeyed bitch around. do you mean teaching him what to do when he actually catches something?