I thought it was factual and very informative.............. :laugh:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like on fallow buck's

Just had a little think. (God it hurts.)   This person has never hunted before in their life. It probably had never even entered their head. Yet they get a dog that is capable of hunting (all-be-it

Crorider is a young man with his first dog. His dog has shown an interest in hunting and Cro want's to give the dog every opportunity/chance he can. It matters not if the dog is excellent or crap, bu

Posted Images

yes the odd rabbit!!! why not all get together and find him a pup that will be capable of catching many rabbits over many night to match his enthusiasm??? he is on a road to nowhere with a cross like that, sorry for saying the truth no matter how harsh it may seem...... :victory:

Lurcher1

Try to remember back when you first started. You have to learn from your mistakes. Belive it or not my first working dog when I was 12 was a boxer, the family pet, she had a nose on here that could track anything, the years of learning she gave me was invaluable to my hunting education.

Either the lad has got the hunting bug or he hasn't and will be gone in a couple of weeks. I sincerley hope he has, as the dog will educate him no end.

To my thoughts, there is nothing more off putting than reading of the large numbers of rabbits caught by lurchers on here. If you look at them though, they are in the minority most people are happy with going out and getting a 'few for the pot.' That is what keeps most people going just getting out and working with their dog, enjoying what the dog does (no matter what the tally is at the end of the day). To my mind that is what hunting is about, I hope the young lad has the same ethos.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 3

yes the odd rabbit!!! why not all get together and find him a pup that will be capable of catching many rabbits over many night to match his enthusiasm??? he is on a road to nowhere with a cross like that, sorry for saying the truth no matter how harsh it may seem...... :victory:

Lurcher1

Try to remember back when you first started. You have to learn from your mistakes. Belive it or not my first working dog when I was 12 was a boxer, the family pet, she had a nose on here that could track anything, the years of learning she gave me was invaluable to my hunting education.

Either the lad has got the hunting bug or he hasn't and will be gone in a couple of weeks. I sincerley hope he has, as the dog will educate him no end.

To my thoughts, there is nothing more off putting than reading of the large numbers of rabbits caught by lurchers on here. If you look at them though, they are in the minority most people are happy with going out and getting a 'few for the pot.' That is what keeps most people going just getting out and working with their dog, enjoying what the dog does (no matter what the tally is at the end of the day). To my mind that is what hunting is about, I hope the young lad has the same ethos.

TC

FFS point taken...... :D

• Like 2

most people are happy with going out and getting a 'few for the pot.' That is what keeps most people going just getting out and working with their dog, enjoying what the dog does (no matter what the tally is at the end of the day). To my mind that is what hunting is about, I hope the young lad has the same ethos.

TC

:thumbs::clapper:

Lab why ruin such a positive thread with your childish ways lol

I thought it was factual and very informative.............. :laugh:

Lab as my father always told me, 'ansome is as ansome does'

Yeah yeah - im sure it was your da :hmm::whistling:

been watching a good film i take it :tongue2:

• Like 1

Aint been on for a few days i thought this thread was done with. Now everyones being helpful wtf happened?? Dont know where to start now...

Oh yea i do, i aint gay lol. (Even tho ive got a yorkie chihuahua named Timmy) But like ive always said, i know he wont be anywhere near the best dog around but i dont care as moll pointed out. ill be the first to admit if im wrong but im really confident he'll catch rabbits in the open. He already nearly has in daylight the only real chance hes ever had. And i definitely want a proper lurcher but thats gonna have to wait till next season so i can train Timmy properly first.

Thanks for all the positive comments tho people. ill update his progress on here :D

• Like 1

You'd be best just to bite the bullet and stick his progress up on the lurcher forum.

After all if he does his job then he has just as much right as a bull x or collie x to be put up there :thumbs:

Good Luck - Happy Hunting :bye:

• Like 1