Just come here to argue???????

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like on fallow buck's

Just had a little think. (God it hurts.)   This person has never hunted before in their life. It probably had never even entered their head. Yet they get a dog that is capable of hunting (all-be-it

Crorider is a young man with his first dog. His dog has shown an interest in hunting and Cro want's to give the dog every opportunity/chance he can. It matters not if the dog is excellent or crap, bu

Posted Images

He doesn't think like that though lurcher1, i thought i made that clear in my last post?

It is his first dog and will do no wrong, just how it should be. The same as it was for all of us before computers and 'experts' telling us how it should be done ;)

true, guess i was lucky to grow up round people who never bred chiuaua crosses..... :victory:

Lurcher1,

What makes you think the lurcher 'experts' on THL are of a high standard? I started hunting with a lurcher around 1978 and have never coursed or taken a deer or fox with them. Up untill the ban I would take one hare a year for my own use.

I can tell you now, no one has had more pleasure out of seeing their dogs work, many will have matched it and they are the ones that derive pleasure from seeing a dog work. The killing of an animal to be honest leaves me cold, I get no pleasure from it at all, it is just a job that has to be done.

A dog should be worked within it's capabilities, the lads dog looks well capable of taking the odd rabbit, so why should he be disappointed? Not everyone wants to run their dog till it drops.

Rant over. :laugh:

TC

yes the odd rabbit!!! why not all get together and find him a pup that will be capable of catching many rabbits over many night to match his enthusiasm??? he is on a road to nowhere with a cross like that, sorry for saying the truth no matter how harsh it may seem...... :victory:

yes the odd rabbit!!! why not all get together and find him a pup that will be capable of catching many rabbits over many night to match his enthusiasm??? he is on a road to nowhere with a cross like that, sorry for saying the truth no matter how harsh it may seem...... :victory:

I think you have misunderstood the lads enthusiasm Lurch, The enthusiasm is for the dog not the killing/hunting :thumbs: He just loves this dog to bits and wants to do right by him.

Personally i cannot see the point in him getting another dog just yet, he doesn't even properly know what hunting is and all it entails. He has just been mooching in nice fine weather with his little dog up to now. I'd say let him learn with this little dog, which i think might be all he needs in a dog and more from the sound of him :D

• Like 1

I think you have misunderstood the lads enthusiasm Lurch, The enthusiasm is for the dog not the killing/hunting :thumbs: He just loves this dog to bits and wants to do right by him.

Personally i cannot see the point in him getting another dog just yet, he doesn't even properly know what hunting is and all it entails. He has just been mooching in nice fine weather with his little dog up to now. I'd say let him learn with this little dog, which i think might be all he needs in a dog and more from the sound of him :D

Spot on moll

fair enough moll..... :thumbs: if i send you my number can we have a chat aswell as my dogs are getting stick off people on here to...... :cray: :cray: :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

lurcher1.. when i was younger i used to have a fox terrier x jack russel he was a leggy little fast thing.. i was sure he could catch a bunnie..he did in cover but never in the open he turned out to be a good marker of rabbit holes and even bagged the odd bunnie that had slipped the net or pulled the badley pushed in peg out..

I even tried lamping him on hare's with a old motor bike battery and a shitty home made lamp from a car spot light with tape on the len's to try and make a tighter beam.. :D ..needles to say he never caught any but boy i had good fun with him trying.. :yes: ..and if it was not for that experience and my first working dog like that i may well not be where i am today wth the lurcher's..

Don't get me wrong i am nothing special apart from special need's.. :D .. but i love what i do from experience's of year's gone by..and most of what i have learned are from them day's long before the internet..

Let this young lad enjoy his pooch and give him any pointer's in the right direction..REMEMBER we where all young once and had to start somewhere..this internet make's it a whole lot easier for the sensible beginner's.. :yes:

• Like 4

fair enough moll..... :thumbs: if i send you my number can we have a chat aswell as my dogs are getting stick off people on here to...... :cray: :cray: :laugh::thumbs:

stop matching them against Labrador's then :D:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

lurcher1.. when i was younger i used to have a fox terrier x jack russel he was a leggy little fast thing.. i was sure he could catch a bunnie..he did in cover but never in the open he turned out to be a good marker of rabbit holes and even bagged the odd bunnie that had slipped the net or pulled the badley pushed in peg out..

I even tried lamping him on hare's with a old motor bike battery and a shitty home made lamp from a car spot light with tape on the len's to try and make a tighter beam.. :D ..needles to say he never caught any but boy i had good fun with him trying.. :yes: ..and if it was not for that experience and my first working dog like that i may well not be where i am today wth the lurcher's..

Don't get me wrong i am nothing special apart from special need's.. :D .. but i love what i do from experience's of year's gone by..and most of what i have learned are from them day's long before the internet..

Let this young lad enjoy his pooch and give him any pointer's in the right direction..REMEMBER we where all young once and had to start somewhere..this internet make's it a whole lot easier for the sensible beginner's.. :yes:

also makes it a whole lot harder for the more easily persuaded :thumbs:

true mate i remember taping a plant pot to my dads lamp as a kid to make the beam tighter....... :D :D tbh tho i have wished the lad luck and still do!!! and its true we were lucky to learn the game way before the net came along and im thankful of that, guess every situation is different, good luck crorider, enjoy your little mutt and i hope you prove me wrong...... :victory:

• Like 4

Finally worked out how to shrink the files small enough to add them. Enjoy the monster

Well after 16 pages of arguing i think finally we can all agree on one thing......................................

Its one ugly b*****d of a dog!!

• Like 1