Just come here to argue???????

I could be wrong as times change and science moves on but i thought DNA could only tell you who the parents are, and that is if you have their DNA available to compare?

He is a cracking looking little dog, looks a proper Whirrier :D

You will have some years of fun with him bushing and mooching about :thumbs:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's it like on fallow buck's

Just had a little think. (God it hurts.)   This person has never hunted before in their life. It probably had never even entered their head. Yet they get a dog that is capable of hunting (all-be-it

Crorider is a young man with his first dog. His dog has shown an interest in hunting and Cro want's to give the dog every opportunity/chance he can. It matters not if the dog is excellent or crap, bu

Posted Images

I could be wrong as times change and science moves on but i thought DNA could only tell you who the parents are, and that is if you have their DNA available to compare?

He is a cracking looking little dog, looks a proper Whirrier :D

You will have some years of fun with him bushing and mooching about :thumbs:

I think she might have just made it up cos she was sick of people telling her that her dogs half pitbull. Its a lovely dog though.

Cheers Moll, He is a proper whirrierhua lol. Im sure i will do. Cant wait for my car to finally be fixed so i can start driving him somewhere decent again

Good on you Crorider.. i like to see a bit of confidence but don't get too cocky and try to take some of the advice offered onboard..that little dog of your's may struggle on some bunnie's in big open space's but i am sure you will have some fun time's ahead with a bit of ferreting and lamping of bunnie's in the right spot's.. :thumbs: ..

• Like 1

I'm only messing around, ive said all along that hes never gonna break any records, just joined this site cos i wanted some general advice cos i wanted to work him(for both our enjoyment). That fact seemed to get some peoples backs up but ive actually found some really helpful people on here and cant wait really get into the swing of things now. Does anyone know of any good books for a beginner? Something that covers a bit of everything ie diet, exercise, ratting, ferreting, lamping etc.?

I'm only messing around, ive said all along that hes never gonna break any records, just joined this site cos i wanted some general advice cos i wanted to work him(for both our enjoyment). That fact seemed to get some peoples backs up but ive actually found some really helpful people on here and cant wait really get into the swing of things now. Does anyone know of any good books for a beginner? Something that covers a bit of everything ie diet, exercise, ratting, ferreting, lamping etc.?

I would not bother with book Crorider..all what you need to know will be on here once you have picked the wheat from the chaff.. :thumbs:

The books tend to be opiNionated drivel, have read a few and you can always see what the persons chosen sport was as that sectioned was well written the rest would just be guesses.

Could perhaps read running dog maintenance to learn about the dog but wouldnt suggest any on how to work the dog

Maybe that wee dog might be better suited to catching rats?

I think youre probably right there, its just a matter of finding permission somewhere now. Definitely think rats will be good a way to start

forget the rats bud, I haven,t read the whole thread but from what I have read it seems you want to work the dog like you would any other lurcher or whippet and as far as bunnys go your wee dog will obviously have its limitations but it may be handy in other departments whether it be bushing/ferreting etc I,m sure you,ll have some good times with the wee fella, so my advise would be to try and take him ferreting at first and then try him on the lamp, atb

Edited by KittleRox
  • Like 1

Maybe that wee dog might be better suited to catching rats?

I think youre probably right there, its just a matter of finding permission somewhere now. Definitely think rats will be good a way to start

forget the rats bud, I haven,t read the whole thread but from what I have read it seems you want to work the dog like you would any other lurcher or whippet and as far as bunnys go your wee dog will obviously have its limitations but it may be handy in other departments whether it be bushing/ferreting etc I,m sure you,ll have some good times with the wee fella, so my advise would be to try and take him ferreting at first and then try him on the lamp, atb

cheers :thumbs:

:victory: The good guys have won!!!!! :toast:

This guy? has got what he asked for, advice on working his dog. No matter what the breed, the dog has the instincts there, so why not utilise them? Well done to the sane minority. And well done to the OP for not giving in to the bullies, and giving as good as they got. :thumbs:

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1