how to build a ir led lamp hears the part numbers

these are the parts you need 5 wat ir led price £10 ebay number 150596628157 heat sink £5 ebay part number is160633172873 driver board ebay number 160593984631 battery pack ebay number 261059226726. all you have to do now is find a reflector and you have a ir led that will be better than any ir laser on the market . if you wont to see a ir led in action go on you tube under b4ger731.

any pics of the finished lamp, did you make 1 yaself?? whats the range like on it?? an how much all in did it cost ye??

if ye are right mate, then fair play to ye, co sthem ir lasers are wel over priced imo

Have you got a picture of your finished article? also what do you house it in and what sort of distance is it giving you..cheers :thumbs:

i dont know how to put pictures on hear. but if you go to my youtube channel you can see one in ation the lamp head was bought a lont time ago . the one were using isant a 5 wat its smaller and its getting out hundreds of yards. but we are experimenting with the 5 Wat carnt say to mutch as the unit were building will be on sale at a later date but i thought i would give you lads some info so you can make your own if you wish. i will be going out tonight so with a bit of look there might be some more footage on youtube in the nest few days look under b4ger731
  • Like 1

I,ve seen the vids on you tube, some good footage their mate :thumbs: not enough at night though.When you put some night footage up can you show what illumination your using also with a range finder to give a decent idea of its capabilities .cheers :thumbs:

Have you got a picture of your finished article? also what do you house it in and what sort of distance is it giving you..cheers :thumbs:

i dont know how to put pictures on hear. but if you go to my youtube channel you can see one in ation the lamp head was bought a lont time ago . the one were using isant a 5 wat its smaller and its getting out hundreds of yards. but we are experimenting with the 5 Wat carnt say to mutch as the unit were building will be on sale at a later date but i thought i would give you lads some info so you can make your own if you wish. i will be going out tonight so with a bit of look there might be some more footage on youtube in the nest few days look under b4ger731

i know its cheeky, but i dont suppose ye in the north east by any chance, id love a demo, an if it does what ye say id buy a couple :D :D

any pics of the finished lamp, did you make 1 yaself?? whats the range like on it?? an how much all in did it cost ye??

if ye are right mate, then fair play to ye, co sthem ir lasers are wel over priced imo

the one i have here nite hunter build it. but it is bilt the same way as im showing you it user a ir led a driver board and a power pack the only difference there is this one as more power than the one im using at the moment. but i do have the parts i have shown you but they with nite hunter at the moment.

the one i have here nite hunter build it. but it is bilt the same way as im showing you it user a ir led a driver board and a power pack the only difference there is this one as more power than the one im using at the moment. but i do have the parts i have shown you but they with nite hunter at the moment.

keep us posted once ye got them in production fella, i am gonna order them parts an butcher an old clulite an see what i can come up with, but ill still have 1 a yours when they are ready :victory:

I,ve seen the vids on you tube, some good footage their mate :thumbs: not enough at night though.When you put some night footage up can you show what illumination your using also with a range finder to give a decent idea of its capabilities .cheers :thumbs:

no problem wll do. but remember its not realy dark at the moment and in the winter the unit goes twice as far

I think it's the other way around because Lardy (and others) have had home made high power LED IR illuminators for some time now.

Having said that, full marks to the OP for giving the details of the parts used and where to find them.

To finish it off you need to put it in a "maglite" style torch head (B&Q "maglite" £13.50) with a 50mm aspheric lens from Ant Supplies (£6.00).

Then, (if the cheapo chinese IR LED specified actually works properly) you should be able to illuminate targets out to around 200 yards

Cheers

Bruce

this ir led from nite hunter was built in January last year . look on my you tube channel and you will see me using the unit in february last year. i have put some more footage of the ir unit up on you tube under b4ger731. this footage was taken by me last night i have tried to do as some of the lads have asked and range finded the field first. but its very hard to hold a camera behind the rangefinder but i have done my best. as you will see the ir is going out to 200 yards esaly. the grass in the field is about 6 inches long so in some plases the ir is bouncing of the grass but the unit is still picking the rabbits up esaly . with the part numbers i have given you .its possible to get the same image you are seeing on the film all you need do is find the right reflector

Edited by 72line per

Here are some pics of an IR LED unit I made recently.

It uses an Osram Ostar IR LED, a B&Q "maglite" torch head, a 50mm aspheric lens.

The LED is mounted to a machined aluminium heatsink which is threaded to take the torch head and allows the beam from the LED to be focused simply by turning the torch head so that it moves forwards and backwards relative to the LED.

The LED is powered from a 12volt battery via an LED driver.

The LED and driver were bought from Farnell (part nos 1827022 and 1961529 respectively)

The driver can also be used as a dimmer

One of the pics shows an earlier unit which used the same LED and driver, but a different, smaller lens.

This one was good but moving to the bigger torch head and the aspheric lens gave a massive improvement in how far out targets could be illuminated

Cheers

Bruce

post-70360-0-54771800-1343410688_thumb.jpg