A BAD HARE DAY

We have been asked to shoot hares on a lot of our local permissions to keep the numbers down and also the 'coursing' franternity off the land who seem to think they have the sole right to them.

The HMR works a treat fills the freezer.

no problems with shooting hares, as i keep repeating, but do you not think it would have been better with hindsight to have done it in the winter before they had young or after they have finished rearing their young, its 4 months a year :angel:

But theres a difference from a proper pest controller to allowing someone to shoot on your ground mate. If you want a professional job where everything must go then you have to pay for that. Whoever you can let someone on your land to clear up pests for nowt......you cant however expect that person to be there all the time dealing with a problem but you can if you are paying for it.... :thumbs:

none of that makes any difference to when their shot :laugh: no one has been honest enough to admit the truth so i will, when i did shoot hares i did it all year because i got a buzz from it, not killing with young, but just killing in general but as the years have past i must have mellowed to the point where i dont get any or much enjoyment from shooting anymore, its just a necessary chore like wipeing your arse :thumbs:

And how do you get that then? You told the guy to shoot them in the winter so he wont need to do it in the summer. What i'm saying is if you dont do a 'proper' pest control job in the winter then you will have loads in the summer.....you getting it yet.... :whistling:

I dont shoot much either.....i used to love it and couldn't wait too get out. Rabbits and pigeons mainly but i'm the same as you i cant be bothered with it either. I cant be bothered shooting pheasants either on cock days..........i just go for the drink... :toast:

i always seem to arrive at the last drive nowadys :laugh:i took the duncan off here out for a spot of pigeon bashing with the air rifles and fell asleep :laugh:

To be fair he does come across as a bit of a boring fart...... :D

I was at a fox drive earlier on this year, it was freezing so i wrapped myself up, sat down and prayed a f*****g fox never came my way.... :laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The boys got a few too many and is out doing something about it and you get slated only on here

Went out at 0500 on the Cabbage field as planned, but things did not go to plan i got set up on one side of the field and Alan W the other. I had been waiting about an hour watching a hole in a Rabbit

hare topics always bring up the same arguements. the reality is its all down to choice, in the past i have shot hares and a fair few to boot, nowadays i choose not to at anytime of year. however i do

Posted Images

We have been asked to shoot hares on a lot of our local permissions to keep the numbers down and also the 'coursing' franternity off the land who seem to think they have the sole right to them.

no problems with shooting hares, as i keep repeating, but do you not think it would have been better with hindsight to have done it in the winter before they had young or after they have finished rearing their young, its 4 months a year :angel:

But theres a difference from a proper pest controller to allowing someone to shoot on your ground mate. If you want a professional job where everything must go then you have to pay for that. Whoever you can let someone on your land to clear up pests for nowt......you cant however expect that person to be there all the time dealing with a problem but you can if you are paying for it.... :thumbs:

none of that makes any difference to when their shot :laugh: no one has been honest enough to admit the truth so i will, when i did shoot hares i did it all year because i got a buzz from it, not killing with young, but just killing in general but as the years have past i must have mellowed to the point where i dont get any or much enjoyment from shooting anymore, its just a necessary chore like wipeing your arse :thumbs:

And how do you get that then? You told the guy to shoot them in the winter so he wont need to do it in the summer. What i'm saying is if you dont do a 'proper' pest control job in the winter then you will have loads in the summer.....you getting it yet.... :whistling:

I dont shoot much either.....i used to love it and couldn't wait too get out. Rabbits and pigeons mainly but i'm the same as you i cant be bothered with it either. I cant be bothered shooting pheasants either on cock days..........i just go for the drink... :toast:

i always seem to arrive at the last drive nowadys :laugh:i took the duncan off here out for a spot of pigeon bashing with the air rifles and fell asleep :laugh:

To be fair he does come across as a bit of a boring fart...... :D

I was at a fox drive earlier on this year, it was freezing so i wrapped myself up, sat down and prayed a f*****g fox never came my way.... :laugh:

it was pissing it down with rain aswell, just sat down leaning up a pine and the next thing my phones ringing as he couldnt find me :laugh:

YOU TWO LOVE BIRDS HAVING PROBLEMS................LOL

No...any minute now Paulus will admit he is wrong and then we can debate something else........... :laugh:

There just hares, get them whacked and get the vids up :D

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

symon

THEY MEAN MORE THAN THAT TO ME..............

same here mate, when i was young and daft everything was fair game for the gun.. but when you grow a brain and understand a bit more you stop and think..

never mind if the law says this an that,, that was drafted by a bunch of f**k wits.. and the main f**k wit TONY has said its a bad law and wrong.. and so dose the police round me think that way!

If it runs run it if it flys shoot it

• Like 1

YOU TWO LOVE BIRDS HAVING PROBLEMS................LOL

No...any minute now Paulus will admit he is wrong and then we can debate something else........... :laugh:

its not like ive been saying that for the last 2 days is it :laugh:

"I couldn't possibly shoot one, they mean sooooooooooooo much i'd rather get my dog to kill it".................... :lol: "Preban"....... :icon_redface:

"I couldn't possibly shoot one, they mean sooooooooooooo much i'd rather get my dog to kill it".................... :lol:

now your just being silly as that would be against the law young or no young. :laugh:

"I couldn't possibly shoot one, they mean sooooooooooooo much i'd rather get my dog to kill it".................... :lol: "Preban"....... :icon_redface:

your f*****g fat labs would never get near one ahaha

well least it got a chance to get a way from dog.. well and 95% of shooters aswell