A BAD HARE DAY

Went out at 0500 on the Cabbage field as planned, but things did not go to plan i got set up on one side of the field and Alan W the other. I had been waiting about an hour watching a hole in a Rabbit fence were they had nibbled through the plastic mesh, and then all of a sudden an hare came into view. turning from the fence line to get a better view turned on the camera and caught it running across the field in my direction. It kept coming stopping then starting again, it first sat about 80 yards away out of shot range, then to my surprise it came down in my direction stopped about 30 yards or so from me. not offering a shot as between me was the remnants of previous crops and Cabbages, the camera might show different, but the camera is a lot higher than the Barrel of the gun. Anyway it skipped on by me and out of range, Then another turned up within moments, this time it offered a shot. But as luck had it for the Hare i over estimated the range giving it one Mil Dot hold over aimed straight behind the eye at the sweet spot and wam missed over the top. when you look at the Video you'll see i missed straight between the ears, if you look hard enough you can see the pellet splatter the water off the cabbage leaf. then lots of others came by the same route all caught on Vid, being frustrated at this i went and got the shotgun out of the car. And you could guess what happened next ? none turned up, no Pigeons either, but at least the Video's good: Dave

• Like 2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The boys got a few too many and is out doing something about it and you get slated only on here

Went out at 0500 on the Cabbage field as planned, but things did not go to plan i got set up on one side of the field and Alan W the other. I had been waiting about an hour watching a hole in a Rabbit

hare topics always bring up the same arguements. the reality is its all down to choice, in the past i have shot hares and a fair few to boot, nowadays i choose not to at anytime of year. however i do

Posted Images

i totaly agree as there are few around my area, i dont shoot them as they are so few in number

and the farmers around my area let them be , there are plenty of bunnies to keep me happy

atb brian

Leave the hares alone.

:thumbs: totally agree, not enough hare to do any significant damage to crops round me so i leave em.

Like watching them to be fair.

Sorry lads but i have to they are chomping through the crops and i have been told to cull them there are so many on the land i shoot, if i don't i won't be doing a good job we have taken 14 over the last 3 trips, in one week, and they all get eaten: Dave

• Like 2

Sorry lads but i have to they are chomping through the crops and i have been told to cull them there are so many on the land i shoot, if i don't i won't be doing a good job we have taken 14 over the last 3 trips, in one week, and they all get eaten: Dave

whos shooting them for you mate.....................lol :laugh::tongue2:

• Like 1

your shooting them to keep your permission? just tell the landowner you took afew [but didnt really] they have leverets to feed just now so i say leave em be mate im a firm believer in leaving themfor the lurcher lads to have there bit sport in the winter months-billy

I can sympathies with some of your comments. "BUT" i shoot over 3000 acres throughout the year for this company, all the Hares we have taken have all been shot with the shotgun, while out shooting Pigeons. This morning we were out after Rabbits but none showed, The company are adding more land every year, they supply all the major Supermarkets with Veg, and also grow arable crops. You have to understand that 3 hares will eat the equivalent amount as one sheep, imagine having 12 Hares on the land, and may i say there are lots more than that, and then sticking 4 sheep on their, what do you think would happen in a week. They have already lost a quarter of the field and had to replant earlier Solly to Rabbits,Pigeons, and the Hares.The company are on penalties if they don't produce there quoter's, so now i hope you can understand my position: Dave

• Like 1