A BAD HARE DAY

I have to say I respect all comments on this subject and can now agree with both sides on certain issues :thumbs:

the last Hare I shot was in 2010 discussed in the link below. its certainly not somthing I would go out specialy to do again with Hawk or gun. then again when a animal such as a Hare in the season is Hunted for the pot or any other good genuine reason where the animal is not wasted and put to good use then I certainly have nothing against it :thumbs: ...

http://www.thehuntin...65#entry1720840

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The boys got a few too many and is out doing something about it and you get slated only on here

Went out at 0500 on the Cabbage field as planned, but things did not go to plan i got set up on one side of the field and Alan W the other. I had been waiting about an hour watching a hole in a Rabbit

hare topics always bring up the same arguements. the reality is its all down to choice, in the past i have shot hares and a fair few to boot, nowadays i choose not to at anytime of year. however i do

Posted Images

:laugh: ...These threads are the biggest load of shite. "Dont kill them the have leverts to feed"......................."would you like to course them then?".............."Yes please"... :yes:

In November yes

.I won't ever shoot another hare, but if I did it ,would not be in July with an air rifle..

Edited by inan
  • Like 2

hotshot2me, keep at um mate i can see your doing what you can with the Vermin on your perm just what i would exspect to see on this forum,

Your vids are a pleasure to watch and i enjoy them keep them coming i say,

Perhaps some folk on ere would be better logging on to harehuggers.co/uk/.com x x :thumbs:

• Like 1

:laugh: ...These threads are the biggest load of shite. "Dont kill them the have leverts to feed"......................."would you like to course them then?".............."Yes please"... :yes:

if you READ my comment on "dont kill them they have leverets to feed" you will see that it ended with coursing for lurcher lads IN WINTER!

I wasn't aiming the post directly at you mate although your leveret bit did stick in my mind. The facts are if there a pest in the area then they need controlled. And if they are a pest that would mean there were sufficient numbers too.

if there were sufficient numbers do you not think the farm would not try to make money out of it, the same with rabbits :laugh:

Plenty people do!!!

if pests are in plauge proportions then they either pay for getting rid or sell the rights for someone else to do the same. its a buisness ffs. however to allow the odd person to shoot is different :laugh:

Your beginning to loose me mate so last post...:-) If you have permission on a farm and the land owner asks you to shoot hares because they are eating crops then you either decline and loose your permition or you shoot a few and keep everyone happy. Not rocket science!

My point is a hare is no more special than a rabbit.

each to his own mate but would you rather drive your l200 or a yugo both the same :tongue2:

They are not you know, the Yugo is a 2 wheel drive car that was rather shoddily built and naff all use of road, the L200 is a pick up truck made by Mitsubishi, 4 wheel drive and very capable off road. Your motoring knowledge is on somewhat shaky ground old fruit. Both can do the same job on paved roads, but both are most certainly not the same, different drive trains, engines, floorpan design...

hotshot2me, keep at um mate i can see your doing what you can with the Vermin on your perm just what i would exspect to see on this forum,

Perhaps some folk on ere would be better logging on to harehuggers.co/uk/.com x x :thumbs:

Ive a few hares in my freezer, I manage to acquire quite few in the winter months.

Because you don't necessarily agree with hares being shot in July and, attempting to shoot them with an air rifle,[ not recommended as legitimate quarry for an air rifle by the BASC guidelines,] does not make you a hare hugger

I see you call yourself " Front Bum".On this occasion, I think you are talking out of your arse.

Ive a few hares in my freezer, I manage to acquire quite few in the winter months.

Because you don't necessarily agree with hares being shot in July and, attempting to shoot them with an air rifle,[ not recommended as legitimate quarry for an air rifle by the BASC guidelines,] does not make you a hare hugger

I see you call yourself " Front Bum".On this occasion, I think you are talking out of your arse.

:thumbs:

dunno why so many folk get bothered by hares being shot. fockin stupid realy. if they need shootin.. or if you just want to shoot them''JUST GET ON AND SHOOT EM.. FFS.

for the upteenth time its not about hares getting shot, fook me 100,000`s get shot every season ITS ABOUT THE TIME OF YEAR and the numbnut excuses that get used all the time to justify it in the summer :tongue2:

dunno why so many folk get bothered by hares being shot. fockin stupid realy. if they need shootin.. or if you just want to shoot them''JUST GET ON AND SHOOT EM.. FFS.

for the upteenth time its not about hares getting shot, fook me 100,000`s get shot every season ITS ABOUT THE TIME OF YEAR and the numbnut excuses that get used all the time to justify it in the summer :tongue2:

And for the umpteenth time no c**t gives a f**k about rabbits getting killed at this time of year only hares....no difference.................. :whistling:

And for the umpteenth time no c**t gives a f**k about rabbits getting killed at this time of year only hares....no difference.................. :whistling:

nor pheasants :whistling: its because rabbits are seen as pests and hares as game. the same as pigeons and pheasants :tongue2:

nor pheasants :whistling: its because rabbits are seen as pests and hares as game. the same as pigeons and pheasants :tongue2:

Not really..........Hares can be seen as pests at times as well when they are in large numbers. Pigeons are a nuisance as they come in numbers and flatten crops....you'll never see large numbers of wild pheasants doing damage to crops... :thumbs:

Not really..........Hares can be seen as pests at times as well when they are in large numbers. Pigeons are a nuisance as they come in numbers and flatten crops....you'll never see large numbers of wild pheasants doing damage to crops... :thumbs:

only because you feed the fookers :tongue2:

only because you feed the fookers :tongue2:

And thats the difference............. :yes::bye: