A BAD HARE DAY

We have been asked to shoot hares on a lot of our local permissions to keep the numbers down and also the 'coursing' franternity off the land who seem to think they have the sole right to them.

The HMR works a treat fills the freezer.

no problems with shooting hares, as i keep repeating, but do you not think it would have been better with hindsight to have done it in the winter before they had young or after they have finished rearing their young, its 4 months a year :angel:

Paulus i have said that i do sympathies with what you have said, i can answer why they did not get shot through the winter, 1, we were controlling large fields of rape and i mean large, as the Pigeons had been decimating the fields, then not until the rape had got really well established could we then leave those fields for others. 2, The fields with the hare problem have only been leased beginning of this year, they plant in stages over the fields so they get crops for a number of months they started planting in march,then may and latest just a few weeks ago, so can you see i would not have been able to shoot them. i can from now on as the land owner as now given me permission to control all their land, and the veggie company as already taken over some land right on my doorstep so to speak, I'm going to have to look for more guns at this rate, so every body keep your eye's peeled who live in driving distance of Castleford: Dave

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The boys got a few too many and is out doing something about it and you get slated only on here

Went out at 0500 on the Cabbage field as planned, but things did not go to plan i got set up on one side of the field and Alan W the other. I had been waiting about an hour watching a hole in a Rabbit

hare topics always bring up the same arguements. the reality is its all down to choice, in the past i have shot hares and a fair few to boot, nowadays i choose not to at anytime of year. however i do

Posted Images

"I couldn't possibly shoot one, they mean sooooooooooooo much i'd rather get my dog to kill it".................... :lol: "Preban"....... :icon_redface:

your f*****g fat labs would never get near one ahaha

well least it got a chance to get a way from dog.. well and 95% of shooters aswell

My 10 year old bitch caught one last year.....stupid bloody thing tried hiding instead of running................and they say pheasants are thick... :icon_eek:

My old old springer dog had one we just walking the line and the think c**t could of ran to the right no dog or people wide open field and the daft c**t jumps out its seat strait in to dogs jaw ahaha

hope you released it again lol :victory::D :D

did i f**k.. was near 20 year ago....

"I couldn't possibly shoot one, they mean sooooooooooooo much i'd rather get my dog to kill it".................... :lol: "Preban"....... :icon_redface:

well least it got a chance to get a way from dog.. well and 95% of shooters aswell

My 10 year old bitch caught one last year.....stupid bloody thing tried hiding instead of running................and they say pheasants are thick... :icon_eek:

My old old springer dog had one we just walking the line and the think c**t could of ran to the right no dog or people wide open field and the daft c**t jumps out its seat strait in to dogs jaw ahaha

hard times , no doubt.............. :laugh:

I'd say maybe 5 or 6 get pegged by the dogs on the shoot i pick up on. Theres one boys bitch i'll bet has 3/4 of them.........they just sit tight and then bang, the squealing starts... :yes:

f*****g 90's mate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I give all my shot hares to the polish lads round here, they love them :D

better off the other way around :thumbs:

It would suit me if both became extinct tomorow :D

well it is 2012 be carefull what you wish for :whistling::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fingers crossed :laugh:

polish hare soup :laugh::D

Pass the crusty bread :D

yes and the crusty bread :thumbs:

hare today go tomorrow :laugh:

I give all my shot hares to the polish lads round here, they love them :D

better off the other way around :thumbs:

It would suit me if both became extinct tomorow :D

well it is 2012 be carefull what you wish for :whistling::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Fingers crossed :laugh:

polish hare soup :laugh::D

Pass the crusty bread :D

yes and the crusty bread :thumbs:

hare today go tomorrow :laugh:

They are on your land :laugh:

f*****g 90's mate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:

We have been asked to shoot hares on a lot of our local permissions to keep the numbers down and also the 'coursing' franternity off the land who seem to think they have the sole right to them.

The HMR works a treat fills the freezer.

no problems with shooting hares, as i keep repeating, but do you not think it would have been better with hindsight to have done it in the winter before they had young or after they have finished rearing their young, its 4 months a year :angel:

Havent shot any since march w3e clear up all we can during the winter. No hindsight required

• Like 1