A BAD HARE DAY

I can sympathies with some of your comments. "BUT" i shoot over 3000 acres throughout the year for this company, all the Hares we have taken have all been shot with the shotgun, while out shooting Pigeons. This morning we were out after Rabbits but none showed, The company are adding more land every year, they supply all the major Supermarkets with Veg, and also grow arable crops. You have to understand that 3 hares will eat the equivalent amount as one sheep, imagine having 12 Hares on the land, and may i say there are lots more than that, and then sticking 4 sheep on their, what do you think would happen in a week. They have already lost a quarter of the field and had to replant earlier Solly to Rabbits,Pigeons, and the Hares.The company are on penalties if they don't produce there quoter's, so now i hope you can understand my position: Dave

Way I see it Dave if you shoot something and eat it, your doing nothing wrong. Pigeon,rabbit,hare,deer there all living animals, none any better than the other, as soon as hares come into a topic people get emotive.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The boys got a few too many and is out doing something about it and you get slated only on here

Went out at 0500 on the Cabbage field as planned, but things did not go to plan i got set up on one side of the field and Alan W the other. I had been waiting about an hour watching a hole in a Rabbit

hare topics always bring up the same arguements. the reality is its all down to choice, in the past i have shot hares and a fair few to boot, nowadays i choose not to at anytime of year. however i do

Posted Images

Thanks for the comment Ian, I did say it was a hobby its becoming more like a 4 day week job, with no pay all the expense is on me, But nothing i shoot goes to waste. All the pigeons, Rabbits, and "Hares" all are distributed to OAP'S like myself that live nearby, just supplementing their diets with some meet, and may i say its much appreciated on there part. I have shot lots of Rabbits ETC but usually off camera unfortunately: Dave

:laugh: ...These threads are the biggest load of shite. "Dont kill them the have leverts to feed"......................."would you like to course them then?".............."Yes please"... :yes:

Your shooting with camera and gun is crap . Have you thought about taking up net ball

Go on then Villaman, apart from the one photo from 16. 05. 12 what else have you produced Video wise, feel free to post links, i promise to give my honest opinion: Dave

Hi Dave

I only do things to a high standard whether it a hobby or work unfortunately my video skills aren't up to a much that's why i do not post them.

:laugh: ...These threads are the biggest load of shite. "Dont kill them the have leverts to feed"......................."would you like to course them then?".............."Yes please"... :yes:

In winter yes

Your shooting with camera and gun is crap . Have you thought about taking up net ball

Go on then Villaman, apart from the one photo from 16. 05. 12 what else have you produced Video wise, feel free to post links, i promise to give my honest opinion: Dave

Hi Dave

I only do things to a high standard whether it a hobby or work unfortunately my video skills aren't up to a much that's why i do not post them.

Villaman i don't hold grudges i'm 65 shaky with Arthritis, its hard enough for me to concentrate on the quarry let alone making sure i've got it in shot and in focus LOL: Dave

Thanks for the account hotshot2me. And for going to the trouble of videoing and editing.

Take only that which is abundant is my motto and t'would appear that hares are round your way.

As for the missed shot, lord knows I've done worse and thats with a laser ranging madjiga thing.

Keep em coming and better luck next time.

"Do not judge, lest ye be judged" ey guys.

• Like 1

Thanks for the account hotshot2me. And for going to the trouble of videoing and editing.

Take only that which is abundant is my motto and t'would appear that hares are round your way.

As for the missed shot, lord knows I've done worse and thats with a laser ranging madjiga thing.

Keep em coming and better luck next time.

"Do not judge, lest ye be judged" ey guys.

Spoken like a true gent: Dave

In winter yes

Pest!!!

hare topics always bring up the same arguements. the reality is its all down to choice, in the past i have shot hares and a fair few to boot, nowadays i choose not to at anytime of year. however i do realise that pests need controlling but they also should be allowed to breed in peace through the spring and summer. if you need to control in the summer you didnt do a good enough job in the winter. i make no appologies for believing hares should be left for dogs, before the ban there was no better sight on the stubble and plough on a frosty january/febuary morning than a hare given fair law being coursed by another near perfect athlete. for the real dog men it was never about the kill but the chase. made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up :icon_redface: around me all the farmers dont want the hares shooting, there more than happy to see them running around and yet want rabbits exterminating :hmm: strange old world :thumbs:

• Like 2

hare topics always bring up the same arguements. the reality is its all down to choice, in the past i have shot hares and a fair few to boot, nowadays i choose not to at anytime of year. however i do realise that pests need controlling but they also should be allowed to breed in peace through the spring and summer. if you need to control in the summer you didnt do a good enough job in the winter. i make no appologies for believing hares should be left for dogs, before the ban there was no better sight on the stubble and plough on a frosty january/febuary morning than a hare given fair law being coursed by another near perfect athlete. for the real dog men it was never about the kill but the chase. made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up :icon_redface: around me all the farmers dont want the hares shooting, there more than happy to see them running around and yet want rabbits exterminating :hmm: strange old world :thumbs:

Your last line says it all mate.......the hare is just an over sized rabbit to me. If its causing a problem then they need to be controlled......why is it different if a hare leaves young than a rabbit, no difference?

Personally i dont shoot hares because theyare around here in very small numbers........and i agree that its a fine sight seeing a lurcher course a hare, very exciting whther they catch it or not.... :thumbs: I suppose it just gets on my nerves that the hare is looked upon like some fecking god on this site and anyone who dares shoot them is classed as a wanker... :hmm:

• Like 2

Your last line says it all mate.......the hare is just an over sized rabbit to me. If its causing a problem then they need to be controlled......why is it different if a hare leaves young than a rabbit, no difference?

Personally i dont shoot hares because theyare around here in very small numbers........and i agree that its a fine sight seeing a lurcher course a hare, very exciting whther they catch it or not.... :thumbs: I suppose it just gets on my nerves that the hare is looked upon like some fecking god on this site and anyone who dares shoot them is classed as a wanker... :hmm:

the thing is i have no problem with hares being shot,its the only legal option available now. but i have a problem with shooting them at this time of year, to be honest i dont even shoot rabbits either in the summer. as i said if you get ontop in the winter then summer should be a time for everything to relax and repopulate. farmers will generally start moaning come the harvest and the cycle starts again.

the thing is i have no problem with hares being shot,its the only legal option available now. but i have a problem with shooting them at this time of year, to be honest i dont even shoot rabbits either in the summer. as i said if you get ontop in the winter then summer should be a time for everything to relax and repopulate. farmers will generally start moaning come the harvest and the cycle starts again.

I dont think farmers that loose money due to crops getting eaten in the summer want re-population, they want eradication...... :yes: Whether that is rabbits, hare, pigeons, crows or even deer it solely comes down to pest control..... :thumbs:

I rarely shoot anything in the summer......i cant be arsed standing about with flies trying to visit your face............ :D

I dont think farmers that loose money due to crops getting eaten in the summer want re-population, they want eradication...... :yes: Whether that is rabbits, hare, pigeons, crows or even deer it solely comes down to pest control..... :thumbs:

I rarely shoot anything in the summer......i cant be arsed standing about with flies trying to visit your face............ :D

around here untill the hay/barley and osr gets harvested apart from pigeons theres no way you can see anything let alone shoot it :laugh:i dont believe the rabbit population is back to levels of the 50`s and 60`s so mass rabbit damage is a precieved problem rather than an actual one. more justification for doing something that its inherantly wrong. the same as with all the other lame excuses, lets be honest people just like to shoot and kill :laugh:

I don't have anything better to do than take people offline and destroy people with my fully loaded watering can! Graham thank you for your deepest concern, I did get them back after numerous door knocking, but I won't got into detail! (I learnt my lesson first time round!haha)