If folk want to play guessing games here are a few different kills i found today (i know what some are, but its just interesting to here peoples ideas and thoughts).

1 - Pile of feathers and only head left, neatly severed, body gone.

2 - Body left, head gone, not plucked out.

3 - Poult dead, chest plucked out and flesh ripped into on chest.

4 - Bird pretty much totally eaten, wings, legs and spine left.

5 - Just dead up against the wire, 2 pouts very close to each other, other wise healthy looking.

6 - Pile of feathers, no body or body parts at all.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any chance of this weekends lottery numbers lads cause there,s more chance of guessing them than knowing whats killed they poults without knowing all the facts and seeing a carcass.chances are that it

I'm saying a tawny owl head off and mostly guts out off the side. If he plucked 1 without ripping the skin he'd see more damage if it was a cub,ferret or mink they still have to catch em to take the h

RATS MY ARSE

Posted Images

If folk want to play guessing games here are a few different kills i found today (i know what some are, but its just interesting to here peoples ideas and thoughts).

1 - Pile of feathers and only head left, neatly severed, body gone.

2 - Body left, head gone, not plucked out.

3 - Poult dead, chest plucked out and flesh ripped into on chest.

4 - Bird pretty much totally eaten, wings, legs and spine left.

5 - Just dead up against the wire, 2 pouts very close to each other, other wise healthy looking.

6 - Pile of feathers, no body or body parts at all.

glad im not in your shoot :laugh:

what ever is doing this it needs to be stopped quickly or it will

become costly in the end atb

if you catch/kill the culprit let us know :thumbs:

Pole traps are illegal!!

Where did he say he was going to use a pole trap?

what ever is doing this it needs to be stopped quickly or it will

become costly in the end atb

if you catch/kill the culprit let us know :thumbs:

Pole traps are illegal!!

Where did he say he was going to use a pole trap?

mind control :laugh:

i still say rats! as for wild animals taking easy option,rats are no differnt than fox mink they will kill for fun seen it for years, them taking poults chicks and aviery birds killing the lot or whatever they can catch. Obviosly a fully grown old rat/rats will be harder to trap than young ones and if lots of food around including poults,they even be reluctant to take poisen bait. After they have paid a visit normaly leave it a day or so befor they return, make no mistake they will!

i still say rats! as for wild animals taking easy option,rats are no differnt than fox mink they will kill for fun seen it for years, them taking poults chicks and aviery birds killing the lot or whatever they can catch. Obviosly a fully grown old rat/rats will be harder to trap than young ones and if lots of food around including poults,they even be reluctant to take poisen bait. After they have paid a visit normaly leave it a day or so befor they return, make no mistake they will!

Well i must admit i have never heard of a rat take a poult, especially a 9 week old poult. Yes at chick stage the can be deadly. Was speaking to a keeper today and we got talking about it actually and he has never heard of rats bothering poults either.

• Like 1