The mole king award, who,s caught the most?

Buster, I've told you before, your not my type! I much prefer little bald ugly feckers like jackoleeds!! Now if you don't stop stalking me I will get my dad to come round and give you a good thumping! You pervert!

P.s I will ring you later!

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know for a FACT that one person that was awarded 'mole catcher of the month', and was then on the TV, Radio and in the papers, made it up so he could get free advertising for his pest control. I sai

How did they verify this figure? Or is it one mans claims!?

The BTMR collect monthly numbers from members.   I've never bothered, because like most have already said, numbers mean nothing to me.   Customer service, effficency and humane trapping are far mo

They say they have 500 members but how many still pay membership. I was member number 5. I done it for 2 years and only got couple of jobs from it. I still get emails from Brian about different things they are doing but don't pay.

That's right Nod - 500th member is certainly not the same as 500 members. Many have signed up and are no longer members.

I'm with Matt. I'm in my fourth year with them and have picked up enough jobs (just) to justify the expense. More than that though there is a good forum for members and for what it's worth a logo to use on my website / literature.

I dont currently have any desire, to become affiliated with any mole catching organisation.However, i would like to access their forum!Perhaps i could email,asking would they consider making the forum open to non-members.Its just that i dont want to pay ( what is it anyway, £75 ? ) for the privilege !

If you are good at what you do, why would you want to join ANY organisation on the off chance you might get a couple of jobs out of it? I can catch moles consistantly and regularly on any job I undertake, most of my work is by word of mouth so I must provide good value for money or I wouldn't be in the position I am in now where I have a waiting list of customers. Where will it all end........we will have the Mk6 Fenn Club, The Institute of Imbra Trappers, The Bodygrip Bunch and the Snaring Society of Gt Britain before we know it.........It's all meaningless drivel if you ask me......!

If you are good at what you do, why would you want to join ANY organisation on the off chance you might get a couple of jobs out of it? I can catch moles consistantly and regularly on any job I undertake, most of my work is by word of mouth so I must provide good value for money or I wouldn't be in the position I am in now where I have a waiting list of customers. Where will it all end........we will have the Mk6 Fenn Club, The Institute of Imbra Trappers, The Bodygrip Bunch and the Snaring Society of Gt Britain before we know it.........It's all meaningless drivel if you ask me......!

Wise words,my friend.

rolfe ... i was gonna ask you if you wanted to join the mole king club? :hmm:its free to THL members! :laugh:

That's life though. Look around you; There are clubs for everything. I've never been able to understand why liking a particular type of car or caravan means that you will get along with strangers who just happen to like the same object. I can understand the collective bargaining power argument, but why would you want to spend a weekend with the members? Talpex Club anyone? :laugh:

That's all well and good if you have been established for a number of years and have built up a big client list Rolfe.

If, like many, you advertise for your work, the BTMR is (pound for pound) very good and cheap advertising.

I wouldn't join the BTMR to be part of any 'organisation'; especially as the BTMR is a directory business not a representative organisation. There is an organisation of professional mole catchers that works away quietly in the background fighting against things like legislation to make daily (mole) trap checking a legal requirement, and testing new traps that become available. There is also another directory type organisation run by a well known author of mole books that actively campaigns for legislative restrictions on mole trapping and promotes second rate Chinese traps. I'll let you guess which one gets my money.

I agree with you about the plethora of new organisations that are springing up however. The latest is the WMA (Wildlife Management Association) which seems to be a vehicle to sell training to people who don't want to sit the RSPH exam.

£75.00 to join the BTMR, tell em you can catch moles and you're in! So I phoned a few on the list local(ish) to me, just look on the site to find the numbers, I gave them some work.. had a chat with a few of them, they didn't get much work from it, more word and mouth, so I didn't join. 500 members @ 75.00, good man, doesn't need to work, wish I thought of it first.

Got a guy on my Facebook, giving me the big one because I'm not "Qualified" :thumbs: and HE is... through the Guild, told me I had to join or I couldn't get insurance, so I went on their website, found out who the insurer was and phoned him, and still got 10% of, hmmmmm, didn't join them either..

I write down in me diary how many I catch, as I can't remember what I done five minutes ago let alone how many moles I catch on each farm each day.

• Like 1

£75.00 to join the BTMR, tell em you can catch moles and you're in! So I phoned a few on the list local(ish) to me, just look on the site to find the numbers, I gave them some work.. had a chat with a few of them, they didn't get much work from it, more word and mouth, so I didn't join. 500 members @ 75.00, good man, doesn't need to work, wish I thought of it first.

Got a guy on my Facebook, giving me the big one because I'm not "Qualified" :thumbs: and HE is... through the Guild, told me I had to join or I couldn't get insurance, so I went on their website, found out who the insurer was and phoned him, and still got 10% of, hmmmmm, didn't join them either..

I write down in me diary how many I catch, as I can't remember what I done five minutes ago let alone how many moles I catch on each farm each day.

You have hit the nail on the head there Jack..........Most just see membership of such organizations as a badge that somehow makes them "Qualified" in the eyes of the public and makes them legitimate. The only qualification you require to be classed as a good molecatcher is "Experience" and lots of it. When you can look at any mole job, no matter how big, and not be daunted by the prospect of clearing up the problem then, and only then, will you be qualified to describe yourself as a professional mole trapper.