• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strange to say that steel 8mm won't kill when you look on youtube and see the speeds of these , also only 4lb is needed to kill a rabbit .. I like 10mm lead just because I get more shots for less we

These speeds though are when the shooters only feet away from the chrony, obviously in a hunting situation game will be further away and so the 8mm steel wont retain energy better than the heavier amm

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

To quite on here , bring Kranky back

Kranky is here :yes: ... you just dont know it...

I feel like im the only one contributing to the catapult section...

And look like the only one posting...

Yeah same here Steve66,went out sunday with my son and got 5five squizzers but all with a shot gun,just culd'nt get a shot that was acceptable for me to take with the catty,any way it's a spot i didn't know that squizzers lived up to now ,so in the future i'm goin with some bearings and round pebbles the area is loaded with them its by a major river an all,an see if i can get one with my catty.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone recommend a catapult for a beginner wanting to kill rats in a shed. Don't mind paying a bit for quality. How much should I expect to pay?

Complete beginner to the catapult sport - what about the different elastics and pouches?

How hard is it to learn to shoot accurately?

What range is the killing range for rats/rabbits?

Thanks

Anyone recommend a catapult for a beginner wanting to kill rats in a shed. Don't mind paying a bit for quality. How much should I expect to pay?

Complete beginner to the catapult sport - what about the different elastics and pouches?

How hard is it to learn to shoot accurately?

What range is the killing range for rats/rabbits?

Thanks

Take a wander throught the pages of this (catapult) section...

Loads of information for you :thumbs: ...

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder what happened to Brookie :hmm: would still like to here some of his stories ,see some of his catty's mebe. :thumbs:

:D im still here mate. still stretching the elastic .i find my catty as addictive now as i did over 40 yrs ago if i get bored in the house now in the evenings me and my lads are straight out for a couple of hours on the roosters and searching for seats in the grass etc and seats in the butts of hedges in the day time .ive got some footage and a fair few pics il get posted on here when my lad comes over to do it for me .i never hear people mentioning theyre dogs these days whilst out with the catty . most moochers dogs would work with theyre owners whilst out with a catty or a stick over theyre shoulder .ive seen rabbits and hares game birds etc hit in the grass with a stick numerous times and also done it myself numerous times .an hazel stick about inch thick and about four foot long carry him raised resting on your shoulder whilst searching in the grass thistles docks reeds ,whatever for seats etc as you walk by bring it down .nine times out of ten if you raise it to strike down this motion will set the intended target to bolt or fly of before you can strike .a dog taken regular with a catty user with a decent level of field craft ie finding a bit of stuff on the ground and killing it the dog soon learns that when he sees you stretching back and shooting at something a few yards in front of you its rabbit time he soon learns to find in seats and mark for you waiting to pounce as you shoot .the . more work a decent dog gets like this then obviously the better he gets at marking and waiting for you to shoot . there be older members on here can relate to what im saying . times have moved on and most of these old ways have been lost now .Saying that though a young friend of mine from down south had 44 birds the other night and high up as well in ash trees in no time .

• Like 1

Wonder what happened to Brookie :hmm: would still like to here some of his stories ,see some of his catty's mebe. :thumbs:

:D im still here mate. still stretching the elastic .i find my catty as addictive now as i did over 40 yrs ago if i get bored in the house now in the evenings me and my lads are straight out for a couple of hours on the roosters and searching for seats in the grass etc and seats in the butts of hedges in the day time .ive got some footage and a fair few pics il get posted on here when my lad comes over to do it for me .i never hear people mentioning theyre dogs these days whilst out with the catty . most moochers dogs would work with theyre owners whilst out with a catty or a stick over theyre shoulder .ive seen rabbits and hares game birds etc hit in the grass with a stick numerous times and also done it myself numerous times .an hazel stick about inch thick and about four foot long carry him raised resting on your shoulder whilst searching in the grass thistles docks reeds ,whatever for seats etc as you walk by bring it down .nine times out of ten if you raise it to strike down this motion will set the intended target to bolt or fly of before you can strike .a dog taken regular with a catty user with a decent level of field craft ie finding a bit of stuff on the ground and killing it the dog soon learns that when he sees you stretching back and shooting at something a few yards in front of you its rabbit time he soon learns to find in seats and mark for you waiting to pounce as you shoot .the . more work a decent dog gets like this then obviously the better he gets at marking and waiting for you to shoot . there be older members on here can relate to what im saying . times have moved on and most of these old ways have been lost now .Saying that though a young friend of mine from down south had 44 birds the other night and high up as well in ash trees in no time .

mooching at its best throwing stick catty and ones jukels .atb bunnys.

• Like 1