Nite site VS night-eye

Alright lads,

I've been looking into getting my self a second hand ns50/200 depends on what turns up cheap, but today I was given a link to this website that sell a night vision set up that's supposed to rival the ns200! And it's only £350+post new!

I just wanted to ask about and see if anyone has had any problems with them or are they as good as some of the reviews say??

When I look at the night-eye I can't help but be reminded of the night vision rat spotting scope Si pittaway made... Check the video out on his YouTube channel...

Has Anyone seen these yet?

http://www.night-eye.co.uk/html/catalog.html

http://www.night-eye.co.uk/index.html

Just like the ns200 just half the price new!!

I've read a few reviews on the bbs forum..Here's the link...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?603175-Night-eye&highlight=nite-eye

Any ideas on it? Is it worth ago or should I spend the extra and go with the ns50/200??

ATB

JAMIE

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So are they anygood then or what

If you look at the nitesite the patent number is on the lamp not the camera I am in the process of having a patent done for a mole trap does not work like any other mole trap I know of but will come i

So are they anygood then or what

Here is a couple of the reviews...

i have had 1 for a few months now and love it seems that the people that have got them are very happy found this review

First Name : Bob

Testimonial Title : Night Eye NE500

Description : I ordered a Night-Eye NE500 Friday last week and since the I have had several e-mails and texts from John at Night Eye answering questions I asked. As I said, the system was ordered Friday and delivery was attempted by the Post Office on Tuesday morning. Unfortunately it took my brother slightly longer to reach the door than it took the posty to pop a card through the letter box and vanish down the drive, so we ended up collecting from the sorting office yesterday morning. The next delay came from the need to charge the battery, but all the bits were fitted to the gun without any problems whatsoever and as soon as the battery was charged the system was fired up. This worked flawlessly and at about 23.00 last night both my gun, fitted with the nitesite NS200 and my brothers gun, fitted with the Night Eye NE500 were placed side by side on a picn ic table in the orchard. Both guns have identical scopes by the way.

The first thing that became apparent was the camera on the Night Eye is far more sensitive than the nitesite unit. Without the infrared switched on either gun the picture on the night eye was far superior to the nitesite. With the infrared on the performance gap narrowed somewhat but the night eye still had a distinct advantage.

The upshot of it all is the night eye operationally is a superior piece of kit. Nitesite is a better looking unit and one or two features are obviously better quality, but unfortunately they do not contribute to the operational effectiveness of the unit, only to the overall cost.

I paid £599 for my Nitesite and paid £350 plus carriage for my little brothers Night Eye and as regards performance the costs should have been the other way round.

The nitesite comes (or came when I got it) with a lead acid gell cell which is like carrying a brick in your pocket. I soon converted mine to have a lithium polymer supply, which had I not already had the battery and charger to hand would have cost a minimum of £40. The Night eye comes as standard with a lithium ion battery pack which can easily be placed in your top pocket, or as we've done, on the right hand side of the stock in the camo cover.

10 minutes after switching the night eye on two rabbits were seen feeding side by side at about 40 yards range, 10 minutes after that they were both on the butcher block minus internals and jackets. The second one never flinched when the first one went down.

I can honestly say I have never dealt with a better company and couldn't be more pleased with the cost effectiveness of their system. Cut them some slack, they are relatively new and are trying very hard.

I should also say that the system is equally effective in daylight should you wish to use it.

ATB

Bob

A couple of people have asked me for an update, unfortunatly I've had little chance for further tests, but as I will not be able to go shooting for next 4(? ) weeks I did try a test last night in between rain showers.

As stated before, 'the old house' where I'm stuck at moment is surrounded by (fairly) dense woodland, but I can see tops of four trees that are between 100 and 125yds away, so viewed these with the Nighteye.

First off was with 4-16x50 Taipan, zooming to 10x with around 3/4IR gave a clear view of leaves and branches on furthest tree, so was fairly happy with this, zooming above 10x whilst magnifiying image it did go a bit 'fuzzy' so no real gain, I believe NS200 is similier.

Next up was the 3-12x32 Viper Connect, this was significantly poorer in performance at 125yds, but then I expected this and as It's mounted on my FAC AirWolf I would not be shooting out this far, then I noticed the upper part of local telegraph pole (pinged this morning at 40yds) at 10x I could clearly see knots and grain in the pole and the individual wires coming from it, once again very encoraging.

I next took out my 5x50 Bresser digi monocular and 2x24 Yukon NVMT2 (gen 1) for comparison, as I intend using these as spotters in conjunction with Nighteye, well I might have to have a rethink as they where absolute rubbish in comparison.

Hopefully in a month or so time I will be able to get out and do some real shooting with the nighteye.

The nite eye looks interesting, I'm suprised they haven't been sued to death by nite site just like nite hunter were

ATB

Adam

It does seem to be a rip off off the NS200 doesn't it!

Still if them reviews are anything to go buy then for the money they seem great!

ATB

Jamie

well after hearing what nite-hunter went through with nite site i cant believe you can still buy these, so if they are that good id get one before the bubble bursts
:thumbs:

However i know Nite-Hunter have gotten around nite site by selling there product as a daytime scope camera with night adapter (rather than a pure nitevision site) and it makes the nitesite ns200 look like a stoneage tool !

Although they are still in the develepmont stage and not for general sale, there are however videos on youtube of it SnyperCat has done one, but if i was going to buy a new sight then i would be holding out for that over the others

ATB

Adam

How long has this nighteye company been doing these then? How can nite site sue another company for same idea? That's just like saying ford should sue peugot because ford invented the small run around first lol there's got to be a way round it all surely..?

well after hearing what nite-hunter went through with nite site i cant believe you can still buy these, so if they are that good id get one before the bubble bursts

However i know Nite-Hunter have gotten around nite site by selling there product as a daytime scope camera with night adapter (rather than a pure nitevision site) and it makes the nitesite ns200 look like a stoneage tool !

Although they are still in the develepmont stage and not for general sale, there are however videos on youtube of it SnyperCat has done one, but if i was going to buy a new sight then i would be holding out for that over the others

ATB

Adam

Thanks for the reply mate I think I'll just hold on for a while

ATB

Jamie

How long has this nighteye company been doing these then? How can nite site sue another company for same idea? That's just like saying ford should sue peugot because ford invented the small run around first lol there's got to be a way round it all surely..?

I think the night-eye has been out for about 4-5 weeks, I may be wrong...

Seems like a good bit of kit for the money though

ATB

Jamie

I dont know the specific ins and outs of the lawsuit but i think its over the fact its a nightvision camera with IR that fits over the original scope and thats what nitesite has patented or whatever, all i do know is nitehunter have now gotten arround it by making it a daytime scope cam with the ability to be used at night :laugh: its all in the professional wording and the small prints, Si might know more about the whole thing.

patents are lifed and once the patent expries anyone can use the idea (as i understand it) hence ford has no claim on peugot as the patent expired along time ago :thumbs:

ATB

Adam