Started my first batch of cider

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

:boogy:

Well no, it can't be, the yeast has only gone in :laugh:

Got 25 litres of Lidl cloudy apple juice and youngs cider yeast fermenting away behind me.

Can I hold out :cray::drinks:

• Like 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must figure out how to measure the alcohol content in this stuff, one bottle and that's me Feeling no pain here

I've discovered something interesting during my, ehmmm, sampling process.   When I open the swing top bottles and they give a loud POP!, that's a good'un.   But, when they give no pop, or just a t

Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?     Well no, it can't be, the yeast has only gone in   Got 25 litres of Lidl cloudy apple juice and youngs

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

Is it done yet?

:boogy:

Well no, it can't be, the yeast has only gone in :laugh:

Got 25 litres of Lidl cloudy apple juice and youngs cider yeast fermenting away behind me.

Can I hold out :cray::drinks:

Very nice John... shame you wasn't closer, I'm a bit of a cider drinker myself :cheers:

Have you made much Jasp?

Couple of photos, now I've to leave it alone a month!

20120707_151151.jpg

I am really happy with the swing top bottles I got, they look good and I won't have to buy new caps each time they're used.

20120707_151448.jpg

Edited by JohnGalway

Good luck with that John,i done the same last year.

But mine turned into 25 liters of vinegar.I was told after,that you have to use apple concentrate....

ps

It wasn't all bad,it was great weed killer :D

Edited by Mustard.
  • Like 1

Right that's it I'm having a go after reading the link,how far north of 5% ABV do you reckon you'll get?

I haven't got the foggiest notion to be truthfull, i had to look up what ABV meant :laugh:

Lol,I do like a drop of old Rosie which I class as hobo strength so I'm drinking as much as I can to get enough 2litre bottles to reuse!!! ;)

Have you tried making turbo cider which I think is done within a month?

• Like 1

Won't be at Birr, I don't bother with shows, keep meaning to go to the Ploughing each year but haven't made it in years! Though I'm wondering what the "interesting" is now :laugh:

This is my first go brewing anything, intentionally at least :laugh: , I've only read a small bit about turbo cider. Don't plan on trying it incase it's bad and puts me off, got a delicate stomach :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

I've made a couple of boo boo's, both unintentional :D

The first was waiting for my priming solution to cool, I got impatient and placed the saucepan into a sink of cold water to cool faster. All fine, except for the construction of the saucepan which seems to have a little pan underneath. That little pan held some tap water which went into my bottling bucket with the priming solution.

I carried on, probably the wrong thing to do but I had no splenda left to make more priming solution.

The second mistake was I didn't buy enough bottles. I have some empty Heineken and Carlsberg bottles but none were clean never mind sanitised. So I had to dump a few litres of brew.

Took a couple of photos...

Uncovering the brew bucket...

20120804_205211.jpg

Syphoning the brew to the bottling bucket...

20120804_213512.jpg

Bottled now...

20120804_2226342.jpg