The stage 2 tuned Weihrauch HW97KT with Si Pittaway

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads and lasses,   This is part 1 of a 3 part episode that we at VerminHuntersTV are going to be doing over the next 3 to 4 weeks.   This part shows the great work that Tony Wall at Sandwell Fi

Just what Tony advised mate really.   I think Webley Accupell s may even group tighter than the H&N mate, but Ive only had it back 2 days now so haven't tested other pellets since its stage 2.

Yep Ive warned Tony off pal for you. Its all up to you now buddy.   £530 for a HW97KT with full stage 2 tune he said.

Agreed the vids have been very helpfull, and i have been thinking about getting the tx200 tuned by SFS and for the price surely its far better than a V Mach Kit? But has SFS realy got too mch work on not to do anymore like others have said on posts?

Many Thanks Ben

He doesn't tune the TX, because, in his own words "Air Arms are one of the few companies that did their homework, how can you improve on perfection" :)

Oh [bANNED TEXT] i didnt know that, ill have to keep looking then, its just that alot of threads say that Air arms grease they use is not great and could do with a re lube and polish to keep it spot on for as long as possible, thanks for the info.

Take no notice mate , Tony DOES tune TX`s

Hello Paul,

We don't do any kits for the TX200 I'm afraid as we believe that the mainspring and internal components already fitted are really good quality as they are. Basically, how can you improve on perfection Paul? Air Arms are one of the few companies out there who did their homework and fitted quality components right from the start. Save your money Paul and stay with what you've got.

Regards,

Tony.

Twas a tuning kit I was thinking of

So after you`ve put at least one person off contacting Tony , and then gone out of your way to argue with me , you edit your post . Wasn`t good enough to show you a TX that had been SFS tuned , you decided to try and ridicule me on this thread by calling me god knows what and then making out like I`m some kind of idiot ? For someone that started a thread 2 months ago saying you`ve just got into shooting , you`ve got some front .

He probably does tune TX's and Pro Sports, but in his own words (if you read the email), they don't need tuning.

Edit: And I think you stared it by calling him an arse, no?

Edited by Flow

He probably does tune TX's and Pro Sports, but in his own words (if you read the email), they don't need tuning.

No Mate he doesn't Touch Prosports, if i remember from talking to Si at the Meet, But it might be Me not listening correctly through a Drunken

Guinness fuelled Haze :icon_redface::whistling:

Edited by Daz 7

No Mate he doesn't Touch Prosports, if i remember from talking to Si at the Meet, But it might be Me not listening correctly through a Drunken

Guinness fuelled Haze :icon_redface::whistling:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As you decided to call me an arse 10 minutes after I edited the post to say it was a tuning kit, and you drag it all out to make you look good, I think you did well to make yourself look an idiot ;) I was trying to point out that I said it was a tuning kit to you but you are right, of course.

How long I have been shooting air rifles has nothing to do with it at all has it?

ANY springer can be improved by someone who knows what's what.

As a general rule these days, Air Arms are better finished 'out of the box' than HWs but depending on what you want HW's are a better platform for tuning and when done right, are a better gun at the end.

It's splitting hairs though really, there's very little to choose between either makes and most of it boils down to personal preference and how each make feels to the individual.

Edit to add... Nice shooting, Si. I'd really like to try your 97 out some day :thumbs::D

Edited by andyfr1968