The stage 2 tuned Weihrauch HW97KT with Si Pittaway

Hi lads and lasses,

This is part 1 of a 3 part episode that we at VerminHuntersTV are going to be doing over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

This part shows the great work that Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports does when he stage 2 tunes a Weihrauch HW97KT spring piston rifle.

Part 2 will show some long distance sub 12 foot pound shooting with the rifle and some more hunting.

Part 3 will show a part of a tune being carried out and Tony will explain the differences in the stage 1 tune and the stage 2 tune.

Enjoy and please

Si and Davy.

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads and lasses,   This is part 1 of a 3 part episode that we at VerminHuntersTV are going to be doing over the next 3 to 4 weeks.   This part shows the great work that Tony Wall at Sandwell Fi

Just what Tony advised mate really.   I think Webley Accupell s may even group tighter than the H&N mate, but Ive only had it back 2 days now so haven't tested other pellets since its stage 2.

Yep Ive warned Tony off pal for you. Its all up to you now buddy.   £530 for a HW97KT with full stage 2 tune he said.

Again , supreme quality work from Tony . Truly a dedicated field sports man and spring rifle Guru .

Good of you to give the lads a preview of the new BSA`s that are conming through Si , there might be a few that are looking for a new gun and to know whats about to hit the shelves is a bonus .

Buster

Si,

Awesome video and shooting skills once again, you truly have an awesome rifle there, in fact why use anything else! Good to see the new guns from BSA, that lightning with the gas ram looks tidy! Cant wait to see the other two vids now.

By the way what made you use H&N ftt pellets mate when it was doing well with the accupells?

Phil

Si,

Awesome video and shooting skills once again, you truly have an awesome rifle there, in fact why use anything else! Good to see the new guns from BSA, that lightning with the gas ram looks tidy! Cant wait to see the other two vids now.

By the way what made you use H&N ftt pellets mate when it was doing well with the accupells?

Phil

Just what Tony advised mate really.

I think Webley Accupell s may even group tighter than the H&N mate, but Ive only had it back 2 days now so haven't tested other pellets since its stage 2.

I don't think the tune involves anything being done to the barrel so it should still love them too.

Si.

• Like 1

as I said on YouTube mate....F*****G Awesome!

I'm pondering this weekend then I can see me getting you to make a call to Tony for me!!

Darryl

Yep Ive warned Tony off pal for you. Its all up to you now buddy.

£530 for a HW97KT with full stage 2 tune he said.

• Like 1

I'm pondering this weekend then I can see me getting you to make a call to Tony for me!!

Darryl

Holy Smokes!

Can see how cost effective a prosport might be.

How do they compare Si?

I appreciate you've got loyalties but you dont hear of prosports benefiting from tunes out of the box.

Looks bad on weihrauch in a way.

Darryl

Holy Smokes!

How do they compare Si?

I appreciate you've got loyalties but you dont hear of prosports benefiting from tunes out of the box.

Prosports can be enhanced massively by fitting a Vmach kit....

Just the fact that "average joe" who buys a one is 99% of the time happy with how it performs and doesnt want to spend any money on it.

Theres also the fact that if companies were to spend the time/effort on the rifles to get them tuned themselves the price would rise dramatically and isnt cost effective for them hence why they dont do it!

Darryl

Ah ok.

I've only had a HW97k and a TX200. Not the Prosport (so don't feel I can comment despite the similarity to the TX).

The 97k was untuned, with one of those nasty 'cut' springs in.

Will watch the video now i'm on proper broadband connection and actually see what a 'stage 2' involves.

Might stop making an arse of myself then... :icon_redface:

• Like 1

Darryl

Holy Smokes!

How do they compare Si?

Prosports can be enhanced massively by fitting a Vmach kit....

Just the fact that "average joe" who buys a one is 99% of the time happy with how it performs and doesnt want to spend any money on it.

Theres also the fact that if companies were to spend the time/effort on the rifles to get them tuned themselves the price would rise dramatically and isnt cost effective for them hence why they dont do it!

Darryl

That's the key difference I feel. Same with the TX for me. Now she's getting on a bit, I've ordered a Vortek Kit (a month ago!). But the HW97 with that cut spring was not a good testament to Weihrauch which is unforgivable when you see vids like SI's on how good they could be.

I have heard that later models of hw had some quality issues with springs, I still rate them over air arms rifles but that might just be the fact most things you buy that are German they are built to last. Milegajo you should have kept the 97 and sold on that blunderbuss that is the tx lol, but you know this, I tell you enough when you make me use it!

I have heard that later models of hw had some quality issues with springs, I still rate them over air arms rifles but that might just be the fact most things you buy that are German they are built to last. Milegajo you should have kept the 97 and sold on that blunderbuss that is the tx lol, but you know this, I tell you enough when you make me use it!

I don't know how you can live with yourself Mawders. Sold a perfectly good TX for a Supertun and now you slate the beautiful 200 because you messed up and, on the rebound, are buying German to match your Car!

I don't want any whiff of quality issues when I handover that sort of lolly. How long are you being made to wait for your 'Sandwell Field Sports tuned' HW95k?

Not good matey....

Pah... I live in the woods and push muck into walls for pocket money. What do I know? :blink::haha:

Edited by milegajo

quality accuracy for a springer mate, top shooting to boot. makes me want to get a springer again thats how i started with bsa lightning and still miss it, but am loving the look of the 97. glad to see BSA moving forward, i gotta stop watching yours vids mate it makes me want to spend money.... that stage two tune looks well worth it.