Dave Hall Tuned HW77K

Nipped out this morning to blow out the cobwebs and thought I'd do another quick video of the .22 HW77K. I chose to shoot some spent .17HMR cartridges end on at 50m with Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets. I was quite happy with the result. Although one of the shots was a bit low it was still within the accepted kill zone of our UK quarry. Further experimentation is needed with these pellets, but with a zero of 25m and only 2 mil dots hold over on x6 magnification (old Hawke Frontier 3-9x40) I'm quite happy. Think I'll stick with these pellets for now and properly calibrate my scope another time.

Here's a couple of pictures of the 77' and size of the target, had a job seeing it end on through the scope on x6 magnification. The video will follow soon, I'll add it to this post when its finished uploading in an hour or so..

20130301_082010_zpsb06afe90.jpg

20130301_081855_zpseb0ecc19.jpg

20130301_081835_zps8360ce11.jpg

Enjoy..

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

Nice shooting mate. Just goes to what can be achieved with a quality tuned springer and practice. I cant really see a pcp doing that any easier to tell you the truth. It's obvious your a talented shot aswell which always helps.

Si.

dave hall is a personal friend of mine. when it comes to hw's, he is the man. he did my hw97kt about 14 months ago. its in 177 and is awesome to shoot.

i'm new to this forum, but thought i'd check it out as i'm into hunting and also hft/sft. basically, i'm into anything thats to do with airguns.

i mainly use it for hft. i can rest the stock on the peg, against the peg, even put the butt on the floor. it hardly changes the poi at all. i took my gun to him personally and sat there and watched him do his thing. he makes the top hat and guide specially to fit each individual gun he does. mine had to come apart 3 times before he was happy with it.

we were taking it in turns cocking it to put it through the chrono for about 2 hours once he'd done his thing.

there's a recoiling championship at my local club next month and i'm going to be using it there. it should be a great day. you all should test your springer skills by signing up. its going to cater for all types of target shooting. it includes hft, sft and ft. i also think there's going to be a 10 shot pistol course out as well. there's a burger van to keep us fed and watered. it'll be a day to remember. it'd be nice to see a few of you there as its always nice to meet new people and like minded shooters. thats the main reason for me signing up for this forum. they all call me gasman or johny gasman. lol

by the way, ive watched your review on your hw77 and it looks like he's done a great job. you shoot it well too. nice one chap.

• Like 1

Cracking thread, I've not kept up on this one.

Top class shooting there, Elliott :victory: And the stock you sent to Simon works beautifully on his 97, a much better fit and feel than the thumbhole stock it came with which felt like it was made for much smaller hands than us two clots! :laugh::D

Simon's 97's still living at my house awaiting the tuning kit to arrive. I'll post a review as best as I can about how it all goes once it's all fitted and sorted to his gun.

Cheers. :thumbs:

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments lads. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the Andy/SFS HW97K of Simon's :thumbs:

Yes Gasman1 you are right about Dave Hall, he surely knows his way around a springer. I'm suprised more don't send work his way, its top class

ive just got back from a winter league shoot at pontefract. had to come off early. my springer was shooting an inch low at 30 yards. at first i thiught it was my bad shooting, until i had a go at a 40 yard shot and it dropped about 2 inches low. i'm not the best shot in the world by no means, but after missing 9 shots on the bounce i realised it wasn't me and was the gun. i suspect the breech seal needs replacing.

i managed to spin it round as hw breech seals are reversable. it still had to put quite a few clicks on to bring my zero back. i'll be straight into my local gun shop tomorrow for a new one. from now on its gunna get changed every 6 months whether it needs doing or not.

it was the last shoot of the winter league today. i still managed to come 2nd overall in the final standings. there's nowt worse than having gun troubles whilst away at a shoot. why couldnt it have happened on saturday when i was plinking on my back yard? at least then i could have bought a new seal there and then.

top shooting there though elliot. nice one. cracking guns are the hw's. you certainly seem to shoot yours well. :boogy: