• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I prefer the camera setup you have actionman but i couldn't find anything to do it that way, but i also wanted to have it all as one unit, unclamp and the whole lot comes off together so i couldnt hav

Posted Images

i am wanting to build a nv setup but instead of the tv screen would like to use a mini dvr and the camera plugs into that and runs off the dvr battery just like the one nite hunter makes but i am not sure what camera i would need to us can any of you guys help me out i have never done anything like this so i am stumped .

cheers kev :thumbs:

Guest scramble

It can be done Kev but you'd be better off buying a small battery to run the camera from. these things come very small. i have my set up running off 1 6800mha battery. that runs the camera and my 50mm illiminator with an oslon IR. My DVR obviously runs from its own internal battery.

Can i ask why you want to run it through your DVR?

It can be done Kev but you'd be better off buying a small battery to run the camera from. these things come very small. i have my set up running off 1 6800mha battery. that runs the camera and my 50mm illiminator with an oslon IR. My DVR obviously runs from its own internal battery.

Can i ask why you want to run it through your DVR?

i want to use it all as one a recording unit then as a screen but was going to make it with an eye piece so the small screen will be better for the job

these are the DVR's i use,the 720 HDVR bullet cam kits....i expect you can get cheaper (chinese) ones,the bullet cam gets its power from the actual DVR unit so no need for extra batteries....the cam is a 1/3" sony type so is pretty good sensor wise and give a brilliant picture day and night.You may have to change the lense in the cam for a 12 or 16mm (depending whats in it when you buy it). If you already have the DVR just have a look on ebay for a cheaper bullet cam. :thumbs:http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/mini_dvr.htm

Edited by actionman333

72 lines how does your DIY unit compare to the nite hunter ?

this is the unit i tuck to nite hunter 2 years ago for him to make. but he wanted to go with something cheaper which he did . i have had a watec unit for years its an out and out foxing unit . nite hunters unit cart live with it. if he's honest with you he would tell you the same .but it not that cheep to make

Guest scramble

this is the unit i tuck to nite hunter 2 years ago for him to make. but he wanted to go with something cheaper which he did . i have had a watec unit for years its an out and out foxing unit . nite hunters unit cart live with it. if he's honest with you he would tell you the same .but it not that cheep to make

Watec camera's are a bit dated now mate :yes: things have moved on a little. E700 is what you'll be wanting if you dont mind a bit more work to get your NV unit put together. Watecs are perfect for plug and play 200+ yards with the right IR. if foxing is what you want then you'll not beat the E700 with IR pass filter removed. :thumbs:

Watec camera's are a bit dated now mate :yes: things have moved on a little. E700 is what you'll be wanting if you dont mind a bit more work to get your NV unit put together. Watecs are perfect for plug and play 200+ yards with the right IR. if foxing is what you want then you'll not beat the E700 with IR pass filter removed. :thumbs:

i have used the e700 i built a unit with it. but my ir was giving wite out in the center. so i went back to my watec i can see past 300 yards with the watec and have shot foxes out at these ranges and have filmed them . can you show me some footage at these ranges with your e700 pleas as i have searched the internet and can only find ratting footage.

Guest scramble

i have used the e700 i built a unit with it. but my ir was giving wite out in the center. so i went back to my watec i can see past 300 yards with the watec and have shot foxes out at these ranges and have filmed them . can you show me some footage at these ranges with your e700 pleas as i have searched the internet and can only find ratting footage.

Why would you want to shoot a fox at 300 yards??? Did you remover the ir filter on the E700? ive not got any footage at 300 yards as i dont shoot anywhere near those ranges, not even close. im sure there's footage of people using there E700 at 200+ at high magnification. what size IR are you using 66?

Guest scramble

Must be good mate ... I did a side by side photon v nite hunter.

The nite hunter pissed all over the photon ...

I sold my nite hunter on here ... Bad move .

Still looking for an add on to replace it..

Not a fan of the photon myself but the only time ive used one the conditions weren't the best, but for the price its hard to beat. :yes: