Sign in to follow this  
Thomson

Shot a tagged pigeon (Accident)

Add me more bothered about leaving the bugger than the ring lol them racing pigeons have a good brest on them my ferrets love em

Well, the woods i was in were next to crop fields on the same permission , and have been requested to clear any pidgeons i see. But as i said,i dont usually bother as i dont take them for food, or even dogfood, so i leave for the other fella and stick to the crows/rats. So no, i wasnt planning on taking it home for eating anyway.

As for ID'ing, there were other pidgeons about, just my luck to get the tagged one, and as i said in OP, it was partly behind a branch, but i still had a clear shot where needed. Only when i got close i seen the tag.

As for why i felt the need to tell everyone on here, did you miss the part where i was asking a question?

Can i ask why you wouldn't even take a woody home for yourself or your dog? There f*****g delicious!!!

So ive heard,but never tried. Not too long since i stopped being fussy with chicken, so one step at a time :tongue2:

OK, so something that is free range, had a good life (if at the moment somewhat wet) and sort of half organic (when they are not feeding on the crops) is no good to eat? You are not fussy about chickens why be fussy about something better!

could you give the number on the pigeon please as i sent a message down country by pigeon and it has,nt landed yet!!..lol

i wouldnt worry too much about it it was a accident you cant change things now mate

my father and grandfather before him raced pigeons these men are fanatical about there birds ,some birds are worth an absolute fortune ,some thousands..it is just an accident though mate but i wouldnt contact the owner incase its some nutcase with a bird thats worth £2000 that youve just shot lol and believe me these bunch of racing fanatics are a crazy lot ,the pigeon world is as fanatical as the dogging world believe me..its not the end of the world these things happen lol