Evil little tick barstewards

never seen the tick remover before but will be gettin 1 , ive used tweesers and turned them anti clockwise when removin and always been ok , but not any more will be usin the proper remover , good post !

never seen the tick remover before but will be gettin 1 , ive used tweesers and turned them anti clockwise when removin and always been ok , but not any more will be usin the proper remover , good post !

Just bought Tick twister off ebay after seeing it, £4.95 for 2 deliverd, cant go wrong at that price.

Used to get them a lot when working and shooting in Germany, the farmers wife used to coat them in olive oil and then twist them anti clockwise with tweezers or forceps....came out a treat, never got any bad reaction......I still use that method, although looking at that wee gadget in action, I'll be getting one for the dogs....

My mate caught Lyme disease 2 years ago, he has been ok, caught it early and got 30 days intensive antibiotics...knocked hell out him, but he recovered ok.

When I hear of people removing ticks without the proper tool ...Russian roulette comes to mind.

When I hear of people removing ticks without the proper tool ...Russian roulette comes to mind.

The best way is to get their nutts between your thumb nails and squeeze like hell they immediately suck back anything they have ingested in your blood stream and withdraw their mouth parts from under your skin, they definitely dont like their bollocks crushed thats for sure.

Seriously lymes disease is on the increase not all ticks carry it and it emanates from when the ticks been on a vole or mouse then when it ingests blood from its host it transfers the lymes borriela to its recipricant..

The desease affects the nervous system and can kill so should not be treated lightly those who have contracted it and not undergone treatment are ill for many years sufferring acute fatigue and continual flue like sysymtoms.

Generally if you are bitten by a infected tick it shows as a red bulls eye rash that itches beyond belief these are the first signs that you have got it as your body tries to fight the infection.

I should warn those who partake in country pursuits its not always the case that a red bulls eye rash shows as quite a few stalkers have built up an immunity to it and only become very ill later in life.

I know of at least three who need continual drip fed antibiotic treatment which they receive each month and it does reocur many years later when they think they are cured.

If you see the symptoms described seek medical help with utmost urgency where they will take blood samples and send of to the lab to confirm either way.

Cheers

Stu

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Buggers

Been out locally with Kittle and the missus has just taken over 50 !!!!!!!!!!! ticks from the two dogs ! obviously the spaniel had the most but they were both covered in very small ticks, total cnut to find on hairy dogs !!

The wee red ones are called fox ticks, I think. very common on donside in aberdeenshire, in the 5 years I had one of those tick removers up there I never left a single head imbedded, and I took hundreds & hundreds of the b*****d things off the dogs. Simple bit of kit but top notch

Dear bless us ! Ive pulled countless number off ticks from my terriers over the years, I knew not to do it in such a way that nothing's left inside them. But I've never knew, read or heard off anything like that before. I'll be investing in one off them wee tools I can tell ya. Cheers thl... Just goes to show that u do learn something everyday and this place is usefull sometimes.

Atb

• Like 1

I'm like MUDD, always known how to get the whole tick out but not got the tool. Will be investing. Dogs over in Belgium had loads of the fcukers and the owner never did anything about them. I used my hands to twist and pull 50+ off four labs :icon_eek: