rough shooting with 410 problems

Got hold of some new land on the condition i dont shoot the 12 bore as they find it distruptive so i said i would do ferreting and lamping when the crops down and seasons underway. a few weeks ago the owner rang me and asked if i had been over and had a scout about and i replyed no,he wasnt happy with this and said theres no point me having permission i wont to happy with this so i told him add have a few trips out with the rifle which i did and accounted for a few pigeons and the odd rabbit that braved out of the cove.He then wonted the local pigeon population cutting down but he also said no shoot guns :hmm:

so i got this huspower 410 off a friend went over to the land and introduced this gun and had a few shots to show him its no really big bang and he was fine with it so off i went with no success av found a flight path were there flying other some trees perfect for me to stand under face on and take them out but i cant hit a thing with it i would say there only 30yd away at most am using 3in number 6 cartridges i dont know if its because am used to the 12g or if its cos am sh*t any one shoot this bore can give me any advice

atb farmer

Got hold of some new land on the condition i dont shoot the 12 bore as they find it distruptive so i said i would do ferreting and lamping when the crops down and seasons underway. a few weeks ago the owner rang me and asked if i had been over and had a scout about and i replyed no,he wasnt happy with this and said theres no point me having permission i wont to happy with this so i told him add have a few trips out with the rifle which i did and accounted for a few pigeons and the odd rabbit that braved out of the cove.He then wonted the local pigeon population cutting down but he also said no shoot guns :hmm:

so i got this huspower 410 off a friend went over to the land and introduced this gun and had a few shots to show him its no really big bang and he was fine with it so off i went with no success av found a flight path were there flying other some trees perfect for me to stand under face on and take them out but i cant hit a thing with it i would say there only 30yd away at most am using 3in number 6 cartridges i dont know if its because am used to the 12g or if its cos am sh*t any one shoot this bore can give me any advice

atb farmer

practice and then practice some more, you will need to be 110% more acurate with the 410 than you are with the 12 gauge. the 410 has the same range as the 12gauge but a smaller pattern and pellet count :thumbs:
  • Like 1

the hushpower shotguns shoot low

if its shooting low mount is incorrect or the stock is to short :thumbs:

i think he means you shoot them differantly as there is 'extra barrel' above the barrel (if that makes sense lol) so its all about adjusting the way you shoot/hold the hush poweres. :thumbs:

john

all it takes practice bud, likeyou said 12bores shoot differant to the hushpowers.

just use that one as your main gun and you will come good. i bet once you start to hit with it you wont shoot anything else ;)

i had a season using a side by side 410 on the pigeons loved it but it was very,very expensive on cartridges :cray:

the hushpower shotguns shoot low

if its shooting low mount is incorrect or the stock is to short :thumbs:

i think he means you shoot them differantly as there is 'extra barrel' above the barrel (if that makes sense lol) so its all about adjusting the way you shoot/hold the hush poweres. :thumbs:

john

i hear what your saying mate :thumbs:

i know what you mean bud, its better if you and a friend/s shoot 410 as you can get the carts cheaper with the bulk orders. but alot of people wont shoot them as they think its 'not enougth gun' wich is absolute rubbish! lol :laugh:

get it wrong miss completly, get it correct flat packed every time with very few pricked birds :thumbs:
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest scramble

atb farmer

practice and then practice some more, you will need to be 110% more acurate with the 410 than you are with the 12 gauge. the 410 has the same range as the 12gauge but a smaller pattern and pellet count :thumbs:

Perfect answer Paulus, it took me a good day on the clays to get dialled in with with the 410 after shooting 12g for so long. Get down your clay range and enjoy it. :thumbs:

SCRAMBLE