What accuracy should you expect to see from a FAC air rifle ?

Still on the "hunt" for a FAC Air...... what suggestions do you guys have ?

Buy something that is FAC from the factory. Don't touch anything that's started life as a sub 12 and been altered upwards.

That said, any of the known names will do you proud. Air arms, Daystate, BSA, Theoben, the list goes on. It all depends on how much you have to spend. If you're feeling really flush, see if you can track down a Whiscombe http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sgoodwin/JW/index.html

Get the 80, in .22, running at 31 ft.lb. Absolutely the best air gun you will ever shoot!

As Matt said - if you want an FAC rated air rifle, go for a factory gun.

I shoot the BSA's because they are accurate, reliable and inexpensive.

But the main reason I chose BSA's is, where John Whiscombe is the 'Master' of the Spinger (they are truely beautiful things and amazing to shoot.), John Bowkett is the 'Master' of PCP's. Like Mr Whiscombe, he is a British engineering genius, and the designer of most BSA's and much other stuff besides - and he lives an hours drive from me . . .

Most importantly, Mr Bowkett will stand by his designs and, for a small fee, will tune your gun to whatever specification, and for whatever use, you require. He calls the process 'Blue Printing', but it is far more than that. He is also forthright enough to tell you what will and will not work - I learn something new every time we speak.

Sometimes 'ownership' is more that just acquiring a commodity - it is the whole 'experience'.

Regards

JonP

a sub 12 rifle will have enough energy to kill a rabbit a 100yds they only thing that stops you is being able to hit the target they only need 3ftld to kill a rabbit

More like 200 yards for a .22. Given that the drop at that range is into several feet though, I wouldn't want to try and hit a rabbit head sized target.

'Several feet' is an understatement !!!! Try nearly 30 feet !!!!!!!

And apologise if this offends some but -

Even to try to shoot at live quarry at any distance where you cannot be sure to provide a humane dispatch, never mind hitting the thing, is grossly irresponsible ! Never mind the tosh about enough energy.

With that sort of action, you start to fall into the grasps of the Wildlife and Countryside Act as well as the Animal Welfare Act !

JonP

• Like 1