Sign in to follow this  
ady-b

Latest knife taking shape

that is nice !!

solid looking to . have you attached the liner with its own rivets ?

nice idea not how there usualy dun but its a great feature that will never come apart will it !!

you have a tallent i think and im pretty sure your gonna give me a run for my money in the not so distant future !!

all the best , matt.

thanks guys after following advice from "midnight" and "gafer" off here Im going for a black buffalo horn handle. Then lots of polishing to get it all as scratch free as I can :thumbs:

Yes Matt I used some 3mm pins just to secure it , its glued aswell but thought it would help hold it all together with a nice tight fit. As for giving you a run for your money, I dont think you have anything to worry about, I wouldnt have a clue where to start when forging my own :laugh:

well the buffalo horn finally arrived so heres a couple of pics of the progress so far, need to get it all glued up and then on to the final shaping , sanding and polishing.

IMG-20120717-00040.jpg

IMG-20120717-00041.jpg

yeah a great bunch on here, have had loads of help and advice :thumbs: hopefully the next pics will be of the finished knife. Have already started another while I was waiting on the handle material for this one :D

yeah a great bunch on here, have had loads of help and advice :thumbs: hopefully the next pics will be of the finished knife. Have already started another while I was waiting on the handle material for this one :D

I do that too far to keen when I'm waiting for stuff ...

you should try one with thicker steel next time you have done a cracking job on that one you would see the filework better with thicker stuff it would be a more bulckier blade to

yeah going to do that mate, now I know sort of what Im doing, Im going to try with some better steel and ditch the old saw blades :thumbs: