My day out with my new hw100kt

Hi all,

Just thought I'd put I little write up about my day out to get my new hw100'kt ...

So here goes...

I recently brought a hw100kt as the title suggests :) I planned the day out so I could drive from where I live in Essex down to London to pick the rifle up then I was going to go over to petes airgun farm in Chelmsford to put the new AGS 4-16X56ir SWAT PAO scope I had brought on and get it all sighted in. Once that was done I then planed to take my new set up to one of my rabbit permissions and see how I got on with it in the field. So as planned I set off to London nice and early about 11ish got there and the rifle was mint as described and I was very happy with it paid the good fella and was on my way to petes!

When I arrived at petes there was only one bloke in the indoor range so I thought perfect, can really sit and get stuck in with the new rifle, get the scope on sighted in and get used to shooting it..all was going well when bang all the bloody lights went out and I could barely see 25-30 yard targets so I had no hope of hitting anything down the end at 50 yards. (Pete said electricians where on the farm and it would be sorted in no time at all)

359ccdf2.jpg

0c15ad18.jpg

It was only about 15 minutes and the lights where back on and I carried on getting used to the HW100kt for about another hour or so.

I then packed up all my gear and headed off to my permission to try the rifle out in more realistic settings. I got to my permission at about 4:30ish and as usual there where rabbits everywhere so I had a good feeling from the off..

I unpacked all my gear again and made sure the rifle was filled and off I went to lay in wait in front of one of the very busy looking warrens.. I was there for about 10minutes and the first rabbit of the day presented a lovely shot at 30 yards ( I used my range finder to put myself 30yards in front of the warren) and I took it with a clean head shot. I stayed in the same position for about an hour and a half taking 8 rabbits from the warren before the rabbits began to get wise to me so I then went and collected the rabbits and moved on to another warren.

I made my way to the second warren of the day on the 10acre permission and again it was thriving. I again lased my distance to 30 yards and got into the prone position and waited...it must have been about 20 minutes this time befor I had a good clear shot presented, but when it was I took the shot and rolled another bunny over :) again I didn't move, just layed and waited for the rabbits to get the courage up and come back up to feed, it wasn't long before they did and again once presented with the shot I didn't hesitate to take it. Thwack! Another one in the bag...I then decided after shooting 8 laying there that I would collect the dead rabbits put them with the others i had shot from the previous warren and have a cup of tea and just have a bit of a break before getting back to the shooting.

This time I decided to stalk the rabbits as I'd had enough of laying down so I made my way back out to the fields and just started mooching along the hedge rows, I saw a rabbit at what i thought was about 80-90 yards away, checked it with the range finder and it was 76 yards so I wasn't to far off. I crept along the hedge line until I was within range of it, lased at 47 yards, I was laying in the prone position lined the cross hairs up, adjusted the parollax so it was crystal clear and took the shot, another one on the bag!

I stalked another 4 rabbits that evening only being presented with two decent shots and both them bunnies was in the bag aswell. :)

So all in all I was really pleased with the new set up bagging 18 rabbits on my first time out with the HW100kt using falcon accuracy plus pellets (.22)

b4394036.jpg

Well I'm sure I could go on but that will do for now, all the rabbits where skinned and boiled up for my dog aptly named monster:):)

4cc925a5.jpg

I'll do a write up of my next time out with the HW soon.

Atvb

Jamie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well done mate ,the zeroing session really worked well.seem to know that range its on gunmart isnt it atb .

Cheers, yes the zeroing definitely helped me ! It also gave me a time to just get used to shootings the new riffle.

Not sure about the range being on gunmart maybe maye