Recommend a good beginner camera?

I am toying with the idea of getting one of theses :D

http://www.techradar...-1039273/review

Don't you dare...stay a digi purist and invest in some more glass for that camera of yours Mrs :yes:

i need to get the senser cleaned , i simply cant justify the money they want for decent lens to be honest , wouldnt get much for 350 quid lets put it that way :laugh:

depends where it comes from :whistling:

Oh to know a man with many fingers in many pies..lol :laugh: :laugh:

fingers in pies sounds good to me :whistling::laugh:

walked right into that one didnt I :laugh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one of todays efforts.

these are a few I took recently with a canon sx40  

another bridge camera pic.       there is definately uses for these cameras. does anyone know what the best bridge cameras are /

Posted Images

I am toying with the idea of getting one of theses :D

http://www.techradar...-1039273/review

That one's on my "possible" list too :D

Cheers, D.

I really like the sound of it , have been having a look for some more reviews for it, if its as good as I have read in therory i shouldnt have to get another camera for my needs :victory:

HAve a look at the Panasonic Lumix cameras. The top end "G" is absolutely the dugs nuts. I`m tempted with one myself. I use a Canon 400D DSLR and its superb but is ot a cheap option, (650D now,, 550 quidish)

Lumix mate, the missus has two and loves them. does HD video as well

• Like 1

Mate, your like me, get a decent compact with as much optical zoom as you can and go from there!

(Never thought I'd give advice on photography) :icon_redface:

Paulus will be doing it next :tongue2:

Cheers, D.

Can you recommend a beginners camera. I'm

Always using my iPhone and after seeing a few lads with half decent cameras I was looking at getting one myself. It won't be for a while, won't really need it until September/october time. So I have a while to decide.

Would be used to take action shots of the dogs, racing, working, ferreting etc.

I've just seen this fuji finepix s2940 on fleabay for under £100.

http://item.mobilewe...nid=21305099730

Seems too good to be true for the price?

What other cameras are out there for that sort of price range. Nothing too fancy please :laugh:

IMO you will need to go for a good camera straight off, especially if it is for action shots. You can get any camera as a beginner camera but it will just be a waste of money as you will want to upgrade quite quickly. Go for a better one straight away, and learn to use it. I have the Canon slr 400, it has served it's pupose over the years, and i have not needed to upgrade for several years, so has been value for money in the long term.

• Like 1

i have a good little compact and a bridge camera. and neither of them can match even a cheap dslr. and both are pretty lame on moving targets. but they are good camera's and you can get some surprising results from them. but they have their limitations. for anyone that want to take photography serious the DSLR. is the one to go for. i think a lot of folk are put off dslr camera's as they think they will be to technical. this is nonsense. they are as easy. if not easier to use than other types. its good to have a choice of camera's if possible. :D