fac drink driving six years ago????

depends how you look at it.

for me its another kick in the teeth, for the authority its a safety measure which i understand, but feel it would have been better if i had been able to surrender everything for six months, a revokation means i have to re-apply even though i have been assured that i will get my certs back in the same condition as they went ie open. but i now have the expence of storing the guns for six months.

for me its another kick in the teeth, for the authority its a safety measure which i understand, but feel it would have been better if i had been able to surrender everything for six months, a revokation means i have to re-apply even though i have been assured that i will get my certs back in the same condition as they went ie open. but i now have the expence of storing the guns for six months.

it will be cheaper to get someone else to get a ticket and put them on theres than paying 6 months storage :thumbs:

it will be cheaper to get someone else to get a ticket and put them on theres than paying 6 months storage :thumbs:

dont you have any friends with certificates?

the shotguns at least are easily lent......they are still your property even though you dont have a ticket. so you could get a mate to house them for you

Unfortunately my shot gun is a section 1, and none of my friends have that or 223 on their tickets, i do have a friend that is going to have my 22lr for six months though.

sorry that does complicate matters.....hope it is resolved soon for you

i just got my shotgun ticket yesterday , and i have a past that is not good at all !!

i was honest about it and they felt that it was the only way to have aproached it , the exact frase was " we are taking an educated risk with you all things being considered "

it has taken along time to get this maybe 7-8 months and has been infront of the cheif of nottinghamshire police twice before being passed yesterday there assesment of me was that i "had been brutaly honest" and as such had shown charictor and open aproach .

i was warned that any trouble will result in big problems for me with them as i have drawn a spotlight on my self , and any thing comes up i will have all my guns confiscated and destroyed and face the full force of the law !!!!!

i have been in no trouble for 10 years almost 11 i submitted all medical records etc which are not routinly checked anymore .

my retirment plan has been to become a proffesional deer manager for forrestry commision and the first stage of a 30 year plan ha ha was to get accepted for my shotgun ticket .

weirdly after all that if i find the correct permission and reason to own they will accept my firearms ticket !!!

so as horrible as it was to go throuigh and feeling judged unfairly for almost a year i got the result and feel i might actual have a good rapor with my fao ..

good luck mate .

all the best , matt.

im glad for u mate ,, and not being a stick in the mud but what dus a shot c, have to do with a proffesional deer manager for forrestry as its ilegal to soot deer with one anyway Edited by addicted

i just got my shotgun ticket yesterday , and i have a past that is not good at all !!

i was honest about it and they felt that it was the only way to have aproached it , the exact frase was " we are taking an educated risk with you all things being considered "

it has taken along time to get this maybe 7-8 months and has been infront of the cheif of nottinghamshire police twice before being passed yesterday there assesment of me was that i "had been brutaly honest" and as such had shown charictor and open aproach .

i was warned that any trouble will result in big problems for me with them as i have drawn a spotlight on my self , and any thing comes up i will have all my guns confiscated and destroyed and face the full force of the law !!!!!

i have been in no trouble for 10 years almost 11 i submitted all medical records etc which are not routinly checked anymore .

my retirment plan has been to become a proffesional deer manager for forrestry commision and the first stage of a 30 year plan ha ha was to get accepted for my shotgun ticket .

weirdly after all that if i find the correct permission and reason to own they will accept my firearms ticket !!!

so as horrible as it was to go throuigh and feeling judged unfairly for almost a year i got the result and feel i might actual have a good rapor with my fao ..

good luck mate .

all the best , matt.

im glad for u mate ,, and not being a stick in the mud but what dus a shot c, have to do with a proffesional deer manager for forrestry as its ilegal to soot deer with one anyway

It's not illegal to shoot Deer for the protection of Forestry plantations providing you have the correct shot size and you have exhausted other methods.

good luck mate .

all the best , matt.

im glad for u mate ,, and not being a stick in the mud but what dus a shot c, have to do with a proffesional deer manager for forrestry as its ilegal to soot deer with one anyway

It's not illegal to shoot Deer for the protection of Forestry plantations providing you have the correct shot size and you have exhausted other methods.

indeed

22062012163.jpg

due to the proximity of roads, livestock and neighbouring houses a rifle also wouldn't have been safe and the little buggers are causing a lot of damage to newly planted tree's

AAA shot from a 12g

• 6 months later...

Just sent of for my fac and sgc don't think I'll av much chance with my history but you never no got two firearms offences on it but from years ago and all be it for poaching also got a asulting a police officer on it witch was the other Way round but again in the past never been in prison so just av to see what they say again all a long time ago seems to me they shouldn't be able to hold it against you for ever end of the day you have paid the price for it once

Just sent of for my fac and sgc don't think I'll av much chance with my history but you never no got two firearms offences on it but from years ago and all be it for poaching also got a asulting a police officer on it witch was the other Way round but again in the past never been in prison so just av to see what they say again all a long time ago seems to me they shouldn't be able to hold it against you for ever end of the day you have paid the price for it once

Good luck..............hope it all goes well for ya.