Polecat

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£50 pound your not wise mate

James mckay is a peddler.   Remember seeing a dvd, where it showed his ferret ranch, if he worked his ferrets every single day of the year, they would still only get a couple of days graft each, he

how can you tell wether he was worth it? its only a kit?

Posted Images

Keeps the ferret's mouth shut. Barbaric and unnecessary practice that is only used by idiots who can't handle their ferrets.

Doesn't stop a lay up and guarantees death by starvation if the ferret is lost.

• Like 1

If you think being dark is proof of being a polecat you're very much mistaken... :yes:

This is a documentary about wild European polecats here in Wales, exactly the same species of European polecats which exist on the continent..

Don't look any different to a polecat marked ferret to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6L9tASfeZI

That is a great documentary about them, seen it a few years ago and thanks for putting it up.

However, apparently, when i read into it, some domestic polecat ferrets were used in the making of it, along with footage of wild ones. :thumbs:

If you think being dark is proof of being a polecat you're very much mistaken... :yes:

This is a documentary about wild European polecats here in Wales, exactly the same species of European polecats which exist on the continent..

Don't look any different to a polecat marked ferret to me...

That is a great documentary about them, seen it a few years ago and thanks for putting it up.

However, apparently, when i read into it, some domestic polecat ferrets were used in the making of it, along with footage of wild ones. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

More pictures of wild European Polecats:

http://www.arkive.org/european-polecat/mustela-putorius/image-A14941.html

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

You have just got it and already taking about breeding it ,but no mention of working ability or if it will work ?.

I got him for breeding, not for working i have 3jills that do all the work for me and my birds, plus a mate has his ferrets to work? altogether we have 10 working jills through out the winter and one very good hob, thats the one who is the father of my litter of kits.....

I have not put my five eggs in on ferret forum for a while ,but read the first of your posts quote yourself there alot of shit ferrets out there .

So question why buy a ferret for pure breeding to in theory breed from a unknown working abilty so you yourself can be breeding shit ferrets.

As for you paying X crack on but I could give you some top notch working line ferrets for nowt.

Your 32 years of ferreting and ownership have should taught you not to get draw into the polecat is best bollocks .

Good luck ATB Cookie

• Like 3

What is crazy is the guy claims 32 years of ferret ownership yet is wavered by £££££££ I can tell this desire by some to have certain colours is completely ruin good working lines.

We as hunters should strive for the complete package in our working animals bidable for me I dont care if my ferrets dogs are not hansome or what colour etc.

So long as there happy and work to there best I have had the odd poor working ferrets which you just dont breed from.

I notice how quiet the OP has gone because he knows the guys/gals we are right .

What I have learnt though life is you can have years of knowledge but it does not make you kowledgeable on the subject as if you choose to not learn from good/bad experiances you will not become kowledgeable.

ATB Cookie :thumbs: :thumbs:

You have just got it and already taking about breeding it ,but no mention of working ability or if it will work ?.

I got him for breeding, not for working i have 3jills that do all the work for me and my birds, plus a mate has his ferrets to work? altogether we have 10 working jills through out the winter and one very good hob, thats the one who is the father of my litter of kits.....

I have not put my five eggs in on ferret forum for a while ,but read the first of your posts quote yourself there alot of shit ferrets out there .

So question why buy a ferret for pure breeding to in theory breed from a unknown working abilty so you yourself can be breeding shit ferrets.

As for you paying X crack on but I could give you some top notch working line ferrets for nowt.

Your 32 years of ferreting and ownership have should taught you not to get draw into the polecat is best bollocks .

Good luck ATB Cookie

Im not going to work this hob, never said i was hes just a pet, a dark polecat type "ferret" that ive always wanted so why all the hype, il pay what i want for what i want!!! and if i want to breed it i will, i know alot about ferrets had them all my life, always wanted a dark one now ive got one, if that piss's people off then so be it, all my other ferrets work well for me dont need any more workers...

If you know so much about ferrets, why pay £50 for one? You state that you asked around if anyone had kits, but didn't actually wait until the time of year when kits are born.

If you know so much about ferrets, why pay £50 for one? You state that you asked around if anyone had kits, but didn't actually wait until the time of year when kits are born.

I asked around when people were showing pic of there dark kits!!!!! and still no one got back to us, then the game fair came up, i saw one tried to knock him down but was having none of it, so in the end i brought it!! now im happy i did, does that answer your question, or is there anythink else you want to have a pop at!!!! some people pay stupid money for a dog that hasnt even got papers, just because it got this and that breed in it, you dont see me going on there threads saying your f~~#in stupid spending that much on a MONGRAL!!!!

I'm just picking because your posts contradict each other. If you want to pay £50 for a ferret that's fine, but don't give it the big balls know it all in a later post because it just doesn't wash.

A mate of mine who obbessed with how dark his polecats are won this rossette last year I thought it was very fitting :whistling::laugh: ATB Cookie

7787794-blank-gold-seal-isolated-on-white-background-with-copy-space1.jpg?t=1341846644

• Like 1

fifty notes and its a pet ferret :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you could buy a load of the rosettes you seek for your fifty notes , That will make it to valuable to work now ?? :toast::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: