Polecat

Hi mate i paid £50 for him, hes worth it though, il keep you updated on how he gets on!!!

£50 pound your not wise mate :icon_eek:

Its up to me how much i pay!!!, he did have others there for £20 but they all looked like standed ferrets and ive always been after a dark polecat!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£50 pound your not wise mate

James mckay is a peddler.   Remember seeing a dvd, where it showed his ferret ranch, if he worked his ferrets every single day of the year, they would still only get a couple of days graft each, he

how can you tell wether he was worth it? its only a kit?

Posted Images

Hi mate i paid £50 for him, hes worth it though, il keep you updated on how he gets on!!!

£50 pound your not wise mate :icon_eek:my mate has got eu. Polecats ready soon. 25 each is that i good price? Atb Davy

£25 mate is a good price, as long as they are what he says they are, and im not saying there not, the jill to my hob was there at the fair and she is pure black very nice ferret.... atb Chris

Your talking about a eu polecat ? you spent fifty quid on it but are punting ferrets on another thread ?.

Yes i spent £50 on the ferret ive always wanted, thats up to me its only money!!!! and yes ive put other ferrets on another thread they are off my working jill i am starting a new line with her and the hob we use all winter under my birds both great workers plus people have asked me for kits out of her, the two i have left, some one let me down, changed there mind, im not asking anything for them there free!!!!! money isnt everything mate....

• Like 1

yeh funny thing ferret prices,,, would it be better for ferrets if we all had to pay good money for them???,,, personly i tend to give them away,,, but i dont see a problem with folk paying £20............. i have paid a tenner for one befor..... but its a good while since i bought any...

£50 does seem alot,,,, but i have seen two supposedly half cross eu x ferrets,,, go through the auction at melton for £70 each,,, also seen sivers and the like get £30-40

A ferret is part of a working team with out them ur not bolting any bunnys? there is a lot of s*** ferrets out there that dont work, and i need mine to come straight back out if nothing in the warren and straight back to hand which all mine do, and they wount leave the hole till all bunnys are clear... ive never brought a ferret before this one, and ive had ferrets all my life..

Were they bred from his 2nd generation Polecat Jill??

He was charging £20 a head for an 8 week old ferret.

£50 for a 3rd Generation Polecat... Mother was a 2nd Gen Polecat... but what was father!?

All i know mate is what he told me and that was that the mother and father was pure polecats!!! All the other ferrets he was selling were just standed ferrets selling them at £20-£30.... My hob was hand reared at 4weeks old, so were all the other kits in its litter..

Well ive finaly got my self a pure polecat kit (hob) brought off James Mckay him self at the Bodelwyddan Castle game fair yesterday, hes 13weeks old and is lovely, hes been hand reared from 4weeks old, and my son has named him "Wolverine", if i can work out how to get pictures up il post some, im also on the Falconry forum and ive put pictures up on there, ive always wanted a dark ferret and now i have one, and he is very dark, well pleased with him....

I'd check it's balls his stock are and produce one balled ferrets Not that id want one anyway , even if it had both balls : /

Hes 13weeks old mate hes got no balls yet!!!!! :whistling:

I like how you say "Bought of James McKay himself " like that makes it anything special guys like that can buy all local breed ferrets cheap and punt them for silly money to guilable people

Look i was putting a thread up off my new polecat and stating where i got him from, there was nothing men't by me naming who i brought him off, that was his name... he told me all about the mother and father and seemed ok, i personally dont know the guy, but im happy with what i brought....

Holy crap. 50 bucks for a dark ferret cause Mackay said it was a Polecat., Brilliant.

It`s a ferret mate, same as all the 5 quid ferrets that are all over the place

And you are????? dont tell me a ferret expert!! if i wanted to spend £100 i will, money is'nt everything, you carnt take it with you when you kick the bucket!!! Mckay seemed ok like ive said i dont know the guy but was chatting to him about the mother and father, if he was bull sh****g then there is f*** all i can do about it, i liked the look of the hob i brought so i was happy, end of story!!!!! :victory:

I hope that has answered all you coments, and you havent even seen the polecat in question!!!! if i can il put a picture of him and then you can all have another moan!!! most of you might even think its a mink???? :clapper:

Well ive finaly got my self a pure polecat kit (hob) brought off James Mckay him self at the Bodelwyddan Castle game fair yesterday, hes 13weeks old and is lovely, hes been hand reared from 4weeks old, and my son has named him "Wolverine", if i can work out how to get pictures up il post some, im also on the Falconry forum and ive put pictures up on there, ive always wanted a dark ferret and now i have one, and he is very dark, well pleased with him....

I'd check it's balls his stock are and produce one balled ferrets Not that id want one anyway , even if it had both balls : /

Hes 13weeks old mate hes got no balls yet!!!!! :whistling:

Have a feel mate all male mammals have balls from berth they dont grow them layer on you know ,????

• Like 1

Holy crap. 50 bucks for a dark ferret cause Mackay said it was a Polecat., Brilliant.

It`s a ferret mate, same as all the 5 quid ferrets that are all over the place

And you are????? 50 quid better off,,,cheeky cnut !! lol :laugh: :laugh: how to make friends in only 26 easy posts !! hhahahahah

dont tell me a ferret expert!! only kept them for 23 years bud, so no, not an expert yet,

if i wanted to spend £100 i will, money is'nt everything, you carnt take it with you when you kick the bucket!!! Mckay seemed ok like ive said i dont know the guy but was chatting to him about the mother and father, if he was bull sh****g then there is f*** all i can do about it, i liked the look of the hob i brought so i was happy, end of story!!!!! :victory:

I`m glad you`r happy with him, an yes it`s up to you how much you spend on him, (I once spent £110 treating a ferret I rescued then gave him away,) so yes, money means fuckall. I just hate seeing people convinced about this polecat malarky. I`ve seen plenty dark ferrets about getting called EU this and that, but until I see some DNA testing showing they are a different species, they are all just ferrets..

I`ve met Mackay, he was OK, but remember , this is his income, so money rules the roost.

ATB