new lab,, what do you think

Be nice to see if you can keep it fit........................never seen a fit looking chocolate one....... :thumbs:

;)

Remmie - 9years old

love this one,it does you proud, a fit looking chocalate

remmiewub.jpg

8f84c579.jpg

Be nice to see if you can keep it fit........................never seen a fit looking chocolate one....... :thumbs:

;)

Remmie - 9years old

remmiewub.jpg

8f84c579.jpg

;)

Remmie - 9years old

remmiewub.jpg

8f84c579.jpg

thats what i was thinking billy.what differance do's the the colour make to a working dog.and then never seen a fit one then he says nice fit looking lab some people.les

And what dont you understand Les.....Ive been around plenty shoots and never seen a fit looking chocolate Lab. Then someone posts a picture of a fit looking one so i said "Nice".......Might just be me but i'm not sure where the problem is there?

Colour really doesn't come into it but most chocolate Labs seem to be owned as pets and you dont see many working.............. :yes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTW Styleside Xanadu is Choc

good luck, mines coming up to nine..         poser...   older and greyer at the marsh   sorry a bit photo heavy.

Be nice to see if you can keep it fit........................never seen a fit looking chocolate one.......

Posted Images

one of the keepers were i shoot as 4 chocs all shine and are fit.no problem to me you just seem to be contradicting yourself bud.

How can i be contradicting myself... :laugh: I said i hadn't seen one until someone put a photo of one up??? Now that i've seen one i know they exist but i'd still never have one... :bye::thumbs:

one of the keepers were i shoot as 4 chocs all shine and are fit.no problem to me you just seem to be contradicting yourself bud.

How can i be contradicting myself... :laugh: I said i hadn't seen one until someone put a photo of one up??? Now that i've seen one i know they exist but i'd still never have one... :bye::thumbs:

your making as many friends as me lately pal lol

It's a fact that the retriever championship has never been won by a Chocolate. I cannot think of any top field trial trainer that run on Chocolate Labs., so there must be a difference,

Edited by wyeman

there was a chocolate in the championship couple of years ago. there are a few out their being trialed, but to be fair blacks dominate the lab world [the rise of the fox red might alter that] they dominate the trials world and thus the stud, plus black is also a dominate gene so dogs carrying chocolate and black genes are generally going to throw black pups.

colour is not really that important, but it can be a self fulfilling prophecy. the best dogs are black therefore i best get a black dog.........

there was a chocolate in the championship couple of years ago. there are a few out their being trialed, but to be fair blacks dominate the lab world [the rise of the fox red might alter that] they dominate the trials world and thus the stud, plus black is also a dominate gene so dogs carrying chocolate and black genes are generally going to throw black pups.

colour is not really that important, but it can be a self fulfilling prophecy. the best dogs are black therefore i best get a black dog.........

Not in my experience there not............. ;)

FTW Otterbridge Eagle too

i feel once there's a couple of ftch chocolates entering the stud world the stigma attached to them will perhaps fade a little. sadly the popularity of pet chocs has pretty much damned them before they've begun

thats 2 field trials and 2 choc labs you did not no about lab tastic tut tut tut

There will be a hell of alot more field trialers i dont know about.....i'm not interested in robot dogs....... No use to me..... :thumbs:

.i'm not interested in robot dogs..

:hmm: :hmm: ducks for cover........................

Sorry mate you've lost me?........... :angel:

in my experience on gun dog forums calling trialing dogs robot dogs generally signals a barrage of counter arguments, i generally stay clear of that debate, hence ducking for cover but maybe its not going to over here.