13 replies to this topic

#1 Gamatech

Gamatech

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

This is great and very useful. I've been scratching my head on this topic to the point that I haven't got much of a skull left. If I may ask though, do you think that the 97K needs to be tuned to reach the same level of performance as the TX200? I have read many a quote saying that it should be to reach these levels. I know that there is almost nothing in it, but accuracy is my top top priority :boogie: I want to be sure that It can match the accuracy of the TX200 out of the box or if I need to pay extra to get it to this point :hmm:

Edited by Gamatech, 27 May 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#2 gurtwurz

gurtwurz

Extreme dog walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

You'll need to tune a 97 to get the best out of it mate, a stage 1 tune'll cost up to 70, and a stage 2 around 150 so factor that into your budget.

Cheers, wurz

#3 Gamatech

Gamatech

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

You'll need to tune a 97 to get the best out of it mate, a stage 1 tune'll cost up to 70, and a stage 2 around 150 so factor that into your budget.

Cheers, wurz

Would these tunes remain under the 12 foot pound limit? :signthankspin:

#4 Mawders

Mawders

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Yes

#5 villaman

villaman

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Spot on reviews mate :thumbs:

#6 fret78

fret78

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Top review. I've got the Hw97kt, but it's away for tuning, but I'm saving hard to get the pro sport because it looks and handles soooo nice..

#7 sparkycrew

sparkycrew

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

fret78 where abouts in sheff are you buddy,it seems i could be local to you,i have a prosport .177 maybe you could show me how to use it correctly,it can be devestatingly accurate,then the next group i shoot can be all over,still its my first rifle and ive only had a couple of months 

regards nick

pm me if your interested

#8 fret78

fret78

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

fret78 where abouts in sheff are you buddy,it seems i could be local to you,i have a prosport .177 maybe you could show me how to use it correctly,it can be devestatingly accurate,then the next group i shoot can be all over,still its my first rifle and ive only had a couple of months 

regards nick

pm me if your interested

pm on it's way buddy

#9 Thoreau

Thoreau

The Very Simular to Mileagajo Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Great analysis, cheers milegajo.

Why are your "circumstances.. rather peculiar and as such, I have unique demands and considerations regarding my equipment."?! I only ask as I'm curious as to how that may have swayed your ratings.

#10 dhand62362

dhand62362

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

cheers mate going down to local gun shop when i can get a lift to see which one feels best

hugo did you manage to try the two rifles in question, which one came out on top ?

#11 hugo1

hugo1

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

cheers mate going down to local gun shop when i can get a lift to see which one feels best

hugo did you manage to try the two rifles in question, which one came out on top ?
yes tryed both and went for the 97 just cause it felt better but does need tuning as has hell of a twang but other than that there wasn't much in it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users