bsa super 10

I love mine, cracking rifle, for me it shoulders and points so well which is perfect as i use it for blasting pigeons, cracking rifle just make sure you test the power as they are notorious for being tinkered with

ATB

Adam

Quite simple it is shorter and easier to move through woodland with a shorter gun, besides, you will still want a silencer on it, so a carbine means you still have a rifle length gun not a ruddy snooker cue....

DSC00258.jpg

The BSA Super 10 is a lovely weapon, reliable, quiet, accurate. Great shot count and simple action. Just make sure you know which gun you are getting. It affects the reloading. Mark 1 and Mark 2 actions cycle by just pulling the bolt back, not back and down into the magazine removal position. Mark 3 actions mean you have to pull the lever down too other wise the gun does not cock! I do not know why they bought in this requirement but BSA did! The standard silencers supplied with the ordinary rifles and carbines are not up to much, neither is the shroud. Much better to remove the BSA silencer and get an HW or Twink on, the same goes for the shrouded barrel or bull barrel versions. They are quieter than an unmoderated gun, but fit a silencer and it becomes a nice quiet killing machine!

I like the Super 10, had a few and Mini Me (the bull barrel .177) is the keeper. The first one I had someone had replaced the regulator, not a problem, apart from the fact it was an export only version which was somewhat warm! To such an extent when I got a Combro and found it was running well over I immediately took it to an RFD who checked the FAC list and found it was not listed. Luckily he bought it from me for more than we paid for it. So be careful if buying privately, people will buy bits and pieces from abroad to try and reduce costs without realising what it does to the power!

It's just a case of drilling the stock and putting a stud in. Bipod just attaches to stud and tightens. With bipod I have had some extremely accurate shots on my superten in the probe position.

I took the ink tube out of the inside of a biro pen and stood it up at 30 yards. One shot from the bipod and the ink tube just blew apart.

Go and look at the thickness of an ink tube from a biro and you will see the accuracy of shot placement not only with using a superten but also a bipod, provided the shooter does their bit as well!

ATB

Mawders

• 2 months later...