les gedge's picture from yesterday

is the clover a crop? if not surely you dont comply with the general licence!!

the clover field's are inbetween 2 wheat fields,so yes they can be shot for crop protection!!!!!!!

why not shoot on the wheat fields?

aint that obvious?? you cant go walking into standing crops to retrieve dead birds.or even send a dog in,you'll end up doing as much damage as the birds!!!!!!!!!

the clover field's are inbetween 2 wheat fields,so yes they can be shot for crop protection!!!!!!!

why not shoot on the wheat fields?

aint that obvious?? you cant go walking into standing crops to retrieve dead birds.or even send a dog in,you'll end up doing as much damage as the birds!!!!!!!!!

LOL I shoot on standing crops as i'm sure that most of the shooters on here do and let me tell you my dogs do no noticable damage! dogs seem to have a way with crops!

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching Gordon Ramsey on youtube last night eating rook pie and it got me thinking "why is it that we don't eat these any more?" You'd think with the recession and everything people might take the chance of food that's plentiful! but then again most people won't eat things you have to clean and prepare yourself anyway so it's a daft question I spose.lol

Anyway, Nice bag there well done.

I notice no one asked about the pigeons being left with young, there more concerned about the hare, if it was rabbits, no one would mention anything either..Its always the hares that get people up in arms :huh:

As for shooting between fields, it complies, no problem, looks a good day out anyway Les..

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

:icon_eek: it just shows the lack of knowledge by some you know the details of the GL which is good but to think clover is not a crop is laughable it has just as much importance to a dairy farmer as wheat to a arable farmer in terms of feed :laugh:

ATB Cookie