Bore guides......

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are the two guide blanks, I have turned them to diameter and final length and they are ready to be marked for the cut for the bolt release catch, this will enable them to be locked in place durin

I was wrong, the short series is GBP27.95 and the long series with port is GBP30.95, both are fitted with O rings, come with spares and include delivery. The long one looks very similar to this but wi

I enjoy work and tend to put the hours in when things need doing plus this is a new business and a real challenge that I enjoy immensely, right now I am meeting some very good people and developing lo

Posted Images

Well I haven't long come off the phone from David at the shooting shed and I must say what a pleasant, helpful and knowlegeable chap, so thats a new bore guide on order for me :victory: .

Thank you for starting the thread Heritage and thank you Dice horn for the link, I didn't even realise you could get them made specifically :thumbs: .

I just need to find something to keep me occupied until my bore guide arrives........Im off out to get my barrel dirty :laugh:

Sako I'm pleased you took the plunge & contacted David at the shooting shed., I was impressed with every aspect of the services available as you've probably read and it's great that were supporting a uk business ....I have also been in touch again regarding a separate issue and the outcome..., Well, it's left me reaching for my wallet yet again...:)

Sako, it is built bar the cleaning port, I will cut that in bright and early and get it mailed out then it is back to the work at hand, I have some F/Tr bipods to get built plus OAL gauges and comparators plus a couple of unusual projects that need kicking off over the next day or two, plus all the usual stuff. I have a horrible feeling the SHED is going to be cited in more than one divorce case before the decade is over... Luckily my wife is equally passionate about the things we make, she is not quite as impressed with the number of bits her rifle is in right now...

Sako, it is built bar the cleaning port, I will cut that in bright and early and get it mailed out then it is back to the work at hand, I have some F/Tr bipods to get built plus OAL gauges and comparators plus a couple of unusual projects that need kicking off over the next day or two, plus all the usual stuff. I have a horrible feeling the SHED is going to be cited in more than one divorce case before the decade is over... Luckily my wife is equally passionate about the things we make, she is not quite as impressed with the number of bits her rifle is in right now...

Sounds like you've got your hands full but behind every great man is a great woman and by the sounds of the hours you work she's got to be!

I would say don't rush with my guide but it seems like you already have. I look forward to trying it out, thank you for a great service :D

On another note I haven't dirtied my barrel, got all my kit out, opened the door and it was raining so I haven't bothered going :cray:

I enjoy work and tend to put the hours in when things need doing plus this is a new business and a real challenge that I enjoy immensely, right now I am meeting some very good people and developing lots of ideas and loving every minute of it.

My wife has an aversion to rain when it comes to taking her rifles out, a cloud in the same time zone will see her removing her jacket to cover the rifle. Me, well I just hunker down and keep shooting however I do tend to shoot plastic stocked things which work well in extremes and with obscure makes of 7,62x51.

• Haha 1

Don't get me wrong Im not afraid of getting my hair wet, it was just last night I wanted to test a few things out with the nv so the rain was a problem, I needed near perfect conditions.

Even my wood stocked rifles get 'hammered' in the rain if need be but I too have the plastic stocked jobbies with stainless barrels for extreme conditions although I must admit like your wife I've seen myself covering scopes and lasers with my coat just to get a clear pic for that important shot and get wet myself :icon_redface: .

Got your email about the bore guide being on it's way David, wow that was quick :icon_eek: Thank you, I'll let you know how it performs :thumbs:

Thought I'd better follow up on the thread to say what a great service the shooting shed provides. The bore guide is perfect and certainly looks the part :boogy: ....

Trouble is I think I've started something, all my plastic bore guides now look rubbish in comparrison and I can see them needing an upgrade now :laugh:

Top product, well done David :thumbs:

Stunning.....the quality and fit looks simply superb and having bought several plastic Dewey ones myself I know they represent excellent value for money..I have spoke to David several times and I honestly can't find fault with the shooting shed or the services offered...Ive recently ordered another custom item in addition to my bore guides but that's another story...:) well done David on yet another superb item & sako, that rifle / scope combo of yours.....magnificent..,:)

superb bit of kit. is the stainless steel fine with copper cleaner and other fluids atb jamie

Funny enough that is the exact question I asked before I bought it as I was worried about false colouring on patches, David from the shooting shed assured me he'd been using it for years and it wasn't an issue. There might be a slight discolouring on the patch for the first initial pass or so but once clean there's no problem whatsoever.

Sorry I missed this one and Sako is quite right, after the first pass there will be no marking from the guide, I have been using one with my Accuracy International for 5 years now and it is still working perfectly and has not deteriorated in any way other than the usual wear and tear from being left in my range bag. The marks from the first pass will be a tiny residue from when I machine the guides. I pass a nylon brush through them and then tissue however there may be a slight discolouration on the patch from that very first use. If people order satin finish guides this does not happen because of the process I use to give the satin finish.