Mole trapping

Hi Nipper, I bought a booklet off a guy on ebay who's a mole catcher, called Tony Pirouet, its called the art of mole catching, it gives locations,setting traps other use full tips, theres also a video called trapping techniques part1 by Steve Caple on trapping moles,squirrels,rabbits & mink. The mole trapping is really good and some action shots of the traps going off.

Ive seen Ste Caple in action and he is crap and his Techneque (spelling???) is rubbish.His Rabbit snaring is cronic and his mole and mink trapping knowledge is VERY basic.

Ive also seen Tony Pirouet in action and he is a garden Molecatcher and goes into far too much detail.He messess about with plant pots in gardens and arses about with little flags stuck in the ground instead of showing people how to catch Moles.

100-0005_AUTSmall2.jpg

Ye won't get much avice on catching moles and the advice from the books is crap because the ones writing the books obviously haven't been very good at it otherwise they wouldn't have to write a book to get some dosh :D Good mole catchers aren't very easy to come by because ye really have t be on the ball to do well and theres a couple of lads on here that really are at the top of there game ( no names mentioned :angel: :whistle: ) :11: I also don't have the faintessed idea on catching moles :D

Smudge

We dont have problems trapping Moles. We use the scissor traps, the type that stick out of the ground. We always cover the top of the trap with a bowl or something, co if the buggers detect a bit of daylight they are off!

Dawn.

yes i know what u mean wazcor its amazing how many call back after they have bought a trap from the hardware srore then had no success. if uget the soil and turf round thtrap propaly there is no need to cover the trap dawn

yes i know what u mean wazcor its amazing how many call back after they have bought a trap from the hardware srore then had no success. if uget the soil and turf round thtrap propaly there is no need to cover the trap dawn

What's the best trap to use? Where is the cheapest place to buy them?

nipper i prefer duffus half tunnels, but i also use scissors as well. it just depends on the situation. i havent used the fenn scissor so any body that has tell me your opinion? also at pestex trade fare last year i sor a mini magnum body grip trap for moles . any body any experiance of these? moley has a range of traps at a reasonable price.