Got a van today !!

well last week a seen a corsa van under a tree that had fallen on it in the high winds so went and seen the man about it tonight he sade i can have it for 100 if i can cut the trees of it and around about it !!! its not in the best condition it has a few dents but they can be sorted it is a 1.7 will put some pics up on wed after we have cut it from under the trees use will have a right lauf at it with the pics of it under the tree !!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why walk away...if he gives 100 notes for it and its fcuked then just scrap it..you,ll more or less double your money with the scrap prices as they are..atb stabba

he should be paying you to get the van out from under the tree

We have a mathematician on board.  

well last week a seen a corsa van under a tree that had fallen on it in the high winds so went and seen the man about it tonight he sade i can have it for 100 if i can cut the trees of it and around about it !!! its not in the best condition it has a few dents but they can be sorted it is a 1.7 will put some pics up on wed after we have cut it from under the trees use will have a right lauf at it with the pics of it under the tree !!

Dont part with any money pleaseeeeeeeeee :nono:

Sounds like a bargain...Not! If it was any good he would be getting it out himself. Probably a knackered old shitter with high miles and will be written off.

I have just paid £1700 to insure my 1.3 combo van. I am 21 with 3 years no claims. Dread to think what you will be paying.

• Like 1

Been quoated 1150 on it and that's fully comp the guy that had it is a old guy going to chop it uut tomorrow and make finial desishions see if it runs and how it runs taking a macanic with me !

• Like 1

as it had the insurance assessment yet? if it hasn't, then you could end being lumbered with a write off. and depending on the damage, it could be dangerous to drive. how good is your mechanic? its your choice

Edited by derbylad1

If its just left lying under a tree it says to me the van was not insured and off the road to start with. The damage from the fallen tree could be just the start of your trouble..

Clears it all to day and moved it down the drive to a clear spot checked the top end gaskit the side of that had melted and ther is another bust gaskit some where and it is letting the water and oil mix :( so going to stip as much as I can tomorrow and give it a good clean see what's what ! It's pretty tidy on the out side the battery is compleatly flat so taking it home tomorrow and give it a good charge