CUB SNARING POST

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who the feck wants to see pictures of cub's snared anyway ye sad b*****d's ffs do it protect what ye want but ffs dont post picture's with pride about it

BUT he was after rabbits... so if anti's see it it could be used as evidence to try and ban all forms of snaring, inc. rabbits, as they are also catching non target species. no one is saying that post

the bigest mistake he made was ;; telling everone about it.. things happen . no need to tell the whole f.. world about it!!.

BUT he was after rabbits... so if anti's see it it could be used as evidence to try and ban all forms of snaring, inc. rabbits, as they are also catching non target species. no one is saying that post about snaring foxes are bad just when they are caught in rabbit snares it shouldnt be shared on an open forum, as it is not just hunting minded people that look on here.

he did mention the fact he deliberatly set a rabbit snare for foxs :thumbs:

your trying to twist your words , once again i will ask ,where did i write or mention {i deliberately set a rabbit wire for foxs} show me , show everybody , PUT UP OR SHUT UP

This is how I see it.

If I caught a fox in a rabbit snare I would not post it... To me its akin to a 16 year old kid putting a photo of a lamped deer up on the internet.

i.e its new to them and there excited, without thinking about what there actually doing.

Should a fox caught in a rabbit snare be shown here. No. Should a member know better Yes. There is no argument, its not the done thing.

Now I'm sure some of the other members who have arisen would disagree.Well post it on your pro trapping, weekend hunting, back slapper forums.. If its the done thing.

Also I'll reopen this as I'm keen on replies. All the ones who jump to the defence, it is not good publicity for snaring/trapping posting this on a forum, illegal,legal or not, shame on you.

This is how I see it.

If I caught a fox in a rabbit snare I would not post it... To me its akin to a 16 year old kid putting a photo of a lamped deer up on the internet.

i.e its new to them and there excited, without thinking about what there actually doing.

Should a fox caught in a rabbit snare be shown here. No. Should a member know better Yes. There is no argument, its not the done thing.

Now I'm sure some of the other members who have arisen would disagree.Well post it on your pro trapping, weekend hunting, back slapper forums.. If its the done thing.

Also I'll reopen this as I'm keen on replies. All the ones who jump to the defence, it is not good publicity for snaring/trapping posting this on a forum, illegal,legal or not, shame on you.

You only seem keen on your own replies Ian ,i have put a few posts and pictures o f cubs caught in rabbit snares as others have as well ,no one as been bothered by it before but for some reason people who rarely or ever come on to this part of the forum have chosen to comment this time ,now whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter i have been told that i said that i had set the rabbit wires to catch the foxs ... i did not , and thats the only issue i have with this thread.

Micky, while I understand what you are saying you are taking this too far.

Your post didn't make it clear that you didn't set the snares for foxes, nor did your reply when asked.

I didn't read it the way that some did; but perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt in that some people aren't as good as others at putting their thoughts into words and that some people only see what they want to see.

All of this 'you called me this' and so on just makes us all look like thin skinned kids.

Anyway, as for the original topic I don't think that we should hide the fact that accidents can and do happen. Perhaps when they do we should use it as an opportunity to disuss ways of minimising the chances of it happening again rather than just pointing the finger and name calling.

• Like 1

Micky, i'll put our storm in a tea cup to bed......This was asked by a member on the other thread

Were they both in rabbit wires mate?

At least you didnt kill them on purpose

And this was your reply

i did one of them

Now as Matt has suggested perhaps something has been lost in translation and what you meant was you didn't set the snare for a fox, but once caught you did kill it on purpose, but many weren't sure (myself included) if you meant you killed it in the snare on purpose after accidently catching it or you purposefully set a rabbit snare for a fox, this is where the confusion arose. BUT not for one second did i ever call you a liar, i merely highlighted a post you made (above) where you stated you intentionaly killed a fox.....I hope this clarifies matters, im not in the habit of calling folk liars..........

Micky, while I understand what you are saying you are taking this too far.

Your post didn't make it clear that you didn't set the snares for foxes, nor did your reply when asked.

I didn't read it the way that some did; but perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt in that some people aren't as good as others at putting their thoughts into words and that some people only see what they want to see.

All of this 'you called me this' and so on just makes us all look like thin skinned kids.

Anyway, as for the original topic I don't think that we should hide the fact that accidents can and do happen. Perhaps when they do we should use it as an opportunity to disuss ways of minimising the chances of it happening again rather than just pointing the finger and name calling.

matt i am very thick skinned, i only came back on this thread because ,others with no real input would not let it drop if people don't like to see dead foxs,fine i wont put any up, but the people who fire the bullets then run away or try to answer with ridicule, are they not the ones with the thinest of skins and perhaps the most childish of us all .

Micky, i'll put our storm in a tea cup to bed......This was asked by a member on the other thread

Were they both in rabbit wires mate?

At least you didnt kill them on purpose

And this was your reply

i did one of them

Now as Matt has suggested perhaps something has been lost in translation and what you meant was you didn't set the snare for a fox, but once caught you did kill it on purpose, but many weren't sure (myself included) if you meant you killed it in the snare on purpose after accidently catching it or you purposefully set a rabbit snare for a fox, this is where the confusion arose. BUT not for one second did i ever call you a liar, i merely highlighted a post you made (above) where you stated you intentionaly killed a fox.....I hope this clarifies matters, im not in the habit of calling folk liars..........

fair enough :thumbs:

Seems to me that the only antis we need worry about are the moderators,if we dare not show what is legal then what is the point of a hunting forum?Stand up for our sport please.

Head, wall, brick............Are you trying to be inflammatory on purpose, anti mods :laugh:

Seems to me that the only antis we need worry about are the moderators,if we dare not show what is legal then what is the point of a hunting forum?Stand up for our sport please.

Unbelievable. Did you read what I said, showing cubs in rabbit snares, is a nail in the coffin, its showing they are indiscriminate, do as you please BUT DO NOT SHOW IT ON HERE, for anyone else sorry I had to repeat this AGAIN.

Some are obviously missing the point, this full thread and the people replying in it worry me.