Ferret found in East Kilbride

I got a phonecall yesterday from my friend whos mum works in Calderglen Country Park. Some one handed in a ferret they found running around by the side of the road, not sure where abouts it was found. He phoned me and asked if I would take it, so I have it in my house. Trying to see if I can find the owner, otherwise I will need to find a new home for it as I know longer keep ferrets. Its a small sandy gill and is heavily in season so would like to find a new home for it asap, preferably with original owner but obviously this may be hard.

Let me know if you know anyone in EK who has lost a ferret

Cheers

• Like 1

We lost our gill on Saturday afternoon, she is a creamy colour fading to ginger- brown on her tail and paws. She is quite small for a ferret and her fur is unusually soft. She escaped when I was cleaning out the hutch. Her name is Bella and she is really friendly, more a pet than anything else. We live in Hairmyres, East Kilbride and have put up posters on the lamp posts to see if anyoone had found her. Someone kindly contacted me to say you might have her. My number is 07813 908215

• Like 1

Sorry just getting back on this. I have your ferret, my friend is supposed to be coming to collect it for you tonight, otherwise you can come up to mine any time after say 5.20 and pick it up, I will call you when I leave the office

Thanks

• Like 1

Nice to see someone getting there beloved little friend back but as johnny put shes heavily in season so now you have her bk i hope you get her seen to with either option you have (jill jab) not recommended but an option (vasectomised hob) or breed her with an entire hob

We lost our gill on Saturday afternoon, she is a creamy colour fading to ginger- brown on her tail and paws. She is quite small for a ferret and her fur is unusually soft. She escaped when I was cleaning out the hutch. Her name is Bella and she is really friendly, more a pet than anything else. We live in Hairmyres, East Kilbride and have put up posters on the lamp posts to see if anyoone had found her. Someone kindly contacted me to say you might have her. My number is 07813 908215

Cathy - I found your ferret on Saturday in Hairmyres she was looking terrified at the side of the road as she was trying to escape from all the traffic. We stopped the car and ran over and called to her like we would do with our pups - she ran straight over and into my bag which I had set down and curled up in a little ball.

We took her home and gave her some water and some puppy treats and she went for a little sleep in the box we had for her. We reported finding her to the police and to the SSPCA and called Calderglen and they helped us out by finding someone to take care of her.

My nieces were absolutely smitten with her and both spoke about her in show and tell this morning - I am so glad that she is going back to her own home.

Edited by Pauline Anderson

So glad all worked out, she is a wee cracker. See when I got the ferret on Sunday, I emailed some one at EK news to see about putting a wee ad up looking for the owner, she emailed back asking me to phone but I told her I never needed to any more. Believe it or not, she replied asking if I can phone her anyway, as she thinks its a good story and would like to put a wee bit in the EK news about it. I have told her I will phone her tomorrow so Cathy and Pauline I will let you know what she says. Pretty weird how its all worked out, al parties involved ending up on this thread!

I aslo put an ad on Gumtree saying the same as above, had a good few few people saying if the owner wasnt found then they would give it a home, I have since taken that down because i was still getting replies from it!

Cheers,

John

Glad the ferrets is back with its owner. Well done john for advetising it as found and everyone else.

Another point to make is you can get your ferrets chipped which if found and scanned can be reunited quick.