Goldfinch cock going downhill

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my siberian goldie was like that last week mate but he wasnt eating and i honestly didnt see him making it through the night,so i mixed up a bit of hand rearing food and put some baytril in it an give

http://www.birdcareco.com/English/TheBirdCareCompany/index   Don't feed too much Niger mate as the buggers will favour that instead of eating the other and they don't get all the nutrients they need

get some chickweed for it,ya cant beat it for birds that are feeling a bit ropey,theres a saying about it,but im fecked if i can remember it,and theres still shitloads o dandelions about

can you get hold of any colloidal silver mate, you put it in the water. I also found the stress mix (forget what you call it) from the birdcare company. I used to keep and show fife canaries and bristich finches and used this in the water when they were off colour and before/after they were going to shows.

http://www.birdcareco.com/English/TheBirdCareCompany/index

Don't feed too much Niger mate as the buggers will favour that instead of eating the other and they don't get all the nutrients they need. I'd be giving him a little soak seed until he pickes up as well mate, but make sure you keep rinsing it well while it's soaking :thumbs:

• Like 2

As above he's fluffed up in the corner of his cage with his head under his wing he's eating and drinking ok tho any advice would be great thanks

my siberian goldie was like that last week mate but he wasnt eating and i honestly didnt see him making it through the night,so i mixed up a bit of hand rearing food and put some baytril in it an give him a couple of good syringe feeds with it,the next morning he was bouncing from perch to perch singing his yed off :toast:

• Like 3

Champion cheers I've got some conditioning seed that I'll soak now thanks for all the help

chop some broccoli up for him mate .it works wonders for em when they fluff up . also give em bottled water the fluoride in tap water will get to em and make em very ill after a while .another tip is collect seasonal seeds from grasses etc and boil em up in the bottom of a pair of tights and give em this to drink .especially during the moult .its always worked for us and its been passed down so theres got to be some truth in it , :thumbs: