The seller cannot send it direct to you - it has to go to an RFD, However there is nothing to stop you doing the transaction face to face. Both of you will have to do a Form 548B ( Transfer of Firearm/Shotgun) and the seller then has to complete the appropriate table on your shotgun certificate.

good point about to face to face but all the semi auto's that i have been looking at for a reasonable price have all been 3 or more hours away

OK I understand that, but you will have to bear in mind that if you are having the shotgun sent to your local RFD (TNT cost of collection around £25) will the seller agree to pay that sum? If the seller is an RFD and he sends it to your RFD the TNT cost will be around £16 - either way you will need to establish who is paying.

Worst case scenerio - you dont like the gun and it will be sent back at another £16. If you add RFD transfer fee (£25-£30) collection/send by TNT (£16 or £25) and potential return (£16) leaves me with one question for you - what does your car do to the gallon??!!

good point about to face to face but all the semi auto's that i have been looking at for a reasonable price have all been 3 or more hours away

OK I understand that, but you will have to bear in mind that if you are having the shotgun sent to your local RFD (TNT cost of collection around £25) will the seller agree to pay that sum? If the seller is an RFD and he sends it to your RFD the TNT cost will be around £16 - either way you will need to establish who is paying.

Worst case scenerio - you dont like the gun and it will be sent back at another £16. If you add RFD transfer fee (£25-£30) collection/send by TNT (£16 or £25) and potential return (£16) leaves me with one question for you - what does your car do to the gallon??!!

very sensible advice

just to add speak to your local gun shop and see if they can help......i wanted a hushpower 12g that i saw on guntrader for sale in lancashire in a gunshop

my local gunshop bought it direct from them for me and charged me nothing, he simply bought it at trade price and charged me the price they had it advertised at on guntrader, a new gun, and it was cheaper than the ones direct from the saddlery and gun room as the shop in lancashire had bought it prior to their price increase......

worth asking your local rfd for help/advice......

i would rather travel a few miles and have a propper look at the gun prior to parting with my cash, if its a new gun your looking for ask your local dealer to match the price youve seen elsewhere, he probably will, plus most of the rfd`s local to here dont offer the service as they say its not worth the possible hassle for what they make out of it :thumbs:

Depends on the RFD. One local RFD openly states that they do not price match and charge £40 to receive a secondhand firearm from another dealer. I tend to use a different guy who is competive, friendly and will put you off from buying something he feels is unsuitable for your needs.

Nick