Best falcon for corvids of the fist ??

furgle

ya mate i have and i was not that impressed tbh i love them on rabbit and no way nr enough flying at ground game with them

you might like yous on crow i was not that impressed that all everyone to there own

I will give him a bash if he is rubbish at them then so be it I like to get kills but I'm also happy watching a good chase so if I get something out of him I will be chuffed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate had a spar last year which took dozens of magpies and a few crows, a very up close way to hawk them! Sadly she died when he started feeding her up to moult.   This is what inspired me to get

i think you wouldnt go wrong with a female pere saker these seem to be born to kill corvid, everone ive had has entred easy and they are big enough to handle them.  

you'd be surprised what falcons can and will take mate your best off getting a couple of good books on falconry and reading them, they will give you insight to what to do and also the level of commi

He is eating on the glove at 1 lb11 oz but he's still Beeing a wee bit jumpy baiting away and hanging upside down on the glove and absolutely no way will he step up for food yet he's off like a missile the minit I approach him lol but I think he has a bit of weight to lose before he comes to me . As well he hoods good some times and others it's like no way and hangs upside down

how many crows wood you expect to catch or kill in one day with a bird of prey

one or two to be honest I'm happy just to be out flying my bird my last saker took rabbits and pheasant so just going to gee this one a bash at crows if he's crap then tuff for me

these birds of prey can they be trusted with the likes of lambs in a lambing feild when hunting crows,rabbitts etc,am just curious as i dont have any experience what so ever with them,atb wf

He is eating on the glove at 1 lb11 oz but he's still Beeing a wee bit jumpy baiting away and hanging upside down on the glove and absolutely no way will he step up for food yet he's off like a missile the minit I approach him lol but I think he has a bit of weight to lose before he comes to me . As well he hoods good some times and others it's like no way and hangs upside down

Where in Scotland are you?

• 3 weeks later...

one or two to be honest I'm happy just to be out flying my bird my last saker took rabbits and pheasant so just going to gee this one a bash at crows if he's crap then tuff for me

these birds of prey can they be trusted with the likes of lambs in a lambing feild when hunting crows,rabbitts etc,am just curious as i dont have any experience what so ever with them,atb wf

its ok i shall just try and shoot these crows what will cause a problem at lambing time,wf

its ok i shall just try and shoot these crows what will cause a problem at lambing time,wf

birds wont bother lambs at all mate, they will however get shot of the crows, drop me a pm if you want one flwon over your land, all show you that they fine roiubnd ya stock, less stress on the young lambs than shotguns popping off

• Like 1