Whins exploits on land, sea, home and abroad

This thread and highlights the real cants in the lurcherworld like the plummer threads etc for feck sake WHIN you either love or hate do you still have to carry on knocking them one is not even alive .

As we use to say in the army wind your fecking necks in and post construstive threads.posts thease subjects have been done to death :wallbash:

ATB Cookie

as we use to say in the submarine kilties get a life

is it true that you were a rear gunner in that regiment?

• Like 1

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just glad ill never get to meet any of these internet legends thank feck.

Tell them about the time you took the lobster on the fly whin. It's a belter, I'll start it for you since you've went all shy..... I was out in me creel boat, waves were lashing off the bow, 7 miles f

Posted Images

post-52342-0-87012600-1338929303.jpg i believe this animal his a whinshaw gone 6yrs or there abouts atb bunnys.post-52342-0-87012600-1338929303.jpg

cow hocked

they do look out from photo , but you cant be sure until you see it walking

ha ha ha he aint cow hocked fellas its how hes standing , atb bunnys.

Cracking looking mutts there! Nice to see the dogs "finally" lol...not sure if they would suit the land I run locally though? A collie type would be

far better suited to run down here,they wouldn't cut the mustard I don't think? I've had them types before,been there and got the tee shirt?...only kidding Whin matey,dogs are beauties and look more than capable of doing the job at hand..ATB Andy

Stop being a messer Andy and wasting whins thread, get your own f*****g thread :D

In all seriousness I only put this up to get you off the minshaw thread cos you were spoiling it. I know some might say I've ruined a couple :) of coursing threads but they were only about salukis and I like reading about collie crosses :D besides I only asked the saluki boys questions they didn't like to answer ;) f*****g hell I'm doing a whin here pmsl. Anyhow whin, I was hoping this thread would come good and you'd share some of your years of wisdom. You seem reluctant though and who can blame you on here with every c**t ready to shoot you down in flames, ask Andy how that feels :D so I'm gonna ask you some question to tease some posts out of you, upto you if you answer but I hope you do.......

What got you into dogs, who was your mentor. What age were you? Did you start with ferrets. There a couple to start off mate. Forget about trying to get 100 odd pages it ain't a competition. As long as we beat that other whin thread, that's the target mate :D

In all seriousness I only put this up to get you off the minshaw thread cos you were spoiling it. I know some might say I've ruined a couple :) of coursing threads but they were only about salukis and I like reading about collie crosses :D besides I only asked the saluki boys questions they didn't like to answer ;) f*****g hell I'm doing a whin here pmsl. Anyhow whin, I was hoping this thread would come good and you'd share some of your years of wisdom. You seem reluctant though and who can blame you on here with every c**t ready to shoot you down in flames, ask Andy how that feels :D so I'm gonna ask you some question to tease some posts out of you, upto you if you answer but I hope you do.......

What got you into dogs, who was your mentor. What age were you? Did you start with ferrets. There a couple to start off mate. Forget about trying to get 100 odd pages it ain't a competition. As long as we beat that other whin thread, that's the target mate :D

hes a goodn un atb bunnys.

many questions asked baw who are you mate im m b who are you to ask serous questins mate , i wear the dogs on my shirt do you ,who are you , ive been into hunting since i was ten , and chased hares since we were twelve on and off , and poached game since we were very young , all sorts of game , and had plenty freedom to hone these skills ,and breed dogs that can catch fast qaurry any lurcher can catch a lamped rabbit and if fit and bred write several but not any dog can stop game on hard fast running land been proving time after time , victors old dog storm isnt cow hocked was bred of lana to a late coursing champ hunting buddies dog chuck a big black and tan dog ,the pups produced were very good still are , can still fill a bag , when mhirns fit you could run her run after run, at times ,and feet that are still undestuctable and her pups have thrown the same ,andy thread is abit diffrent more hangers on , hees a nice guy but when i see bags of lamped hares with dogs that were i run maybe wouldnt put a bend in them or stuggle to catch 2 or3 it means nothing mate honestly ,as for catching big bags of rabbits i had a beardie cross a hancock took 68 over a whole nite and 28 in a few hours ,but the same dog couldnt do it localy on proper running land , thats why i dont rate seeing big bags and men who have to keep putting pics up to be liked etc , lots of dead game doesnt mean good dogs ,thats for sure , fireman if youre going pm me be a man put some of your own dogs up or lurchers mate as i rate a man with what he has in his kennels and bred in his kennels,

Edited by BLACKWATER...
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

The truth is I get alot of flack of most of the WHIN bashers on the forum my comments and replies have said to come across arrogant belittling etc etc .

Dry you eyes boys :cray:

ferrettingjanuary29h2012003.jpg

do you run a minshaw as well cookie

All my running dogs have been young rescue dogs barr one never had any issues taken on a dog and reworking it ,never breed myself but once I can I will do so .

I think a good working line is important but not the be all and end all of a working dog as Ive had some fine fast working mutts from the least likely places :thumbs: .

The problem is if you broadcast your dogs qualites either ever fecker knocks your dogs in bollocks threads on the internet/at shows or there is a small minority who wants to pinch them because they are good.

So I tend to keep my dog ownership reasonably quite on here and locally some locals dont even know I work ferrets/lurchers and only though chance have some found out,yes I willing to help newbies getting started but always careful who we help and have round the house.

This thread highlights the rife jealousy would I have some of the WHIN knockers out with me and my dogs errr NO not because they have diffrent opinion on WHIN but because there jealousy of other dogmen with good dogs is unhealthy for the dogs and the sport.

I am not in WHIN fan club despite liking the guy and his crass posts etc all I see is a member who is unfairly treats but the ADMIN .

It would seem you can posts rascim like EARTH did get banned and reinstated with slapped wrist yet if you tell folk who it is in direct not so polite manner and receive warning to point of getting banned .

ATB Cookie

baw pm me if you are not happy with flaunting your name mate as i dont give a dam at times ,if people put as much thought of working dogs breedin dogs , rather than on the net or reading some country mans weekly there wouldnt be as many peddlars commercail breeders ,people who bred to suit there needs or to better there stock ,its afunny old place the net at times , any way how can you put thirty years on a n et of hunting fishing etc adios

Edited by BLACKWATER...

Lol whin, I'm just a small time lurcherman who has done nowt to mention ;) I come on here to learn from sporting greats like yourself etc :D I've got a lot of respect for you whin you know that, said it many a time. I can spot the real deal from a phony a mile off just as many on here can. If you don't want to share stories then fine. I don't share many myself, like to keep myself to my self..... Besides nothing interesting has ever happened to me :D

• Like 2

baw the reason i dont elaborate to much well , why educate for one and im very wary of the net they banned old whin for nothing realy , alot worse on hear , i mean what you want to know about or what tales a days rabbiting coursing you have to be carefull what you right but lucky i had done plenty before the ban etc ,baw iv been lucky to work hard all summer and play hard in winter , and travel to get a education all i done was see lots of dogs course go to hunting trails got the best out them and bred them to suit allround lurcher work , on openland , and kept breeding of top dogs to keep the line going ,a bit of brain work lots of hunting and a bit money put into it, i think the main thing was i was a good dog man long before i got into breeding dogs to suit the land the terrain , i mean ille go any were to hunt so need a durable dog but pacy , when the locals had collie types that tioled on good hares , roe over the border,the locals just bred simliar to what most were doing at the time, i looke d for the best coursing dog i could get the best alround bitch i could get lucky i bred her so the rest was good dog manship .one thing i lernt you dont need to much collie or saluk just a bit of each to get a right running dog , it wasnt a ten miute job to get good dogs and breed good dogs, fech i went all the way to the usa to se how there dogs performed to our s and been several times the have dogs simliar to mines ,but bitches are bigger well my old mate d salmon has , its been a great trip having money to burn and the knowledge to learn , and the guile to participate,

Edited by BLACKWATER...