washing and lubeing pellets?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't see why washing and lubing pellets is not worth doing, apart from those that say it doesn't make any difference or its a waists of time.   I wouldn't say its a ritual either when people do

Thinking about it, this weekend it will be a good test of the pellet weight theory as we are not setting the course up to standard HFT rules (unless Davy has changed his mind) so we will be shooting f

Roughly the same for nappy's eh Buster.

Ok...got this whole issue with pellet washing sorted...so it ALL about tighter group's Right.??

002-8.jpg

That's an Ajustable Air Stripper from Rowan Engineering.

The cone inside the stripper can be ajusted.

The posision of the stripper cone should be aproximately 5mm from the end of the barrel. This is a good starting point and test shooting should be carried out to determine the optimum cone-barrel gap where the pellets form the tightest groups.

My HW100 in good conditions will do pellet through pellet hole at 35/40y even without the stripper on.

These are £40 and a good bit of kit to use when HFT Shooting.

001-5.jpg

Marty

Edited by Probuk

Fair enough, does it make it any more accurate?

Lewis

To be honest mate i dont think it does...My HW100ks 177 is very very accurate apart from the first few shots after first filling, so i dry fire those off first. I run it through the chrono every week without fail and the concistancy is spot on.

Grouping over 35 40 yards is pritty much pellet through pellet outside in good condition's.

I dont think i could do anything what so ever to make it any better...Guess im lucky really. The lads at the club have a mess with it and they just look at each other speechless :D

Atb

Marty

Edited by Probuk