washing and lubeing pellets?

That's it then mr T your out of the shooting comp if your FAC. You can just watch LOL.

Infact you could volunteer as Roger's rifle cadee, 75 metres will be a breeze then :)

Si.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't see why washing and lubing pellets is not worth doing, apart from those that say it doesn't make any difference or its a waists of time.   I wouldn't say its a ritual either when people do

Thinking about it, this weekend it will be a good test of the pellet weight theory as we are not setting the course up to standard HFT rules (unless Davy has changed his mind) so we will be shooting f

Roughly the same for nappy's eh Buster.

No seriously Roger, there are many very fine marksman turning up this weekend so the comps will be very tight I should imagine.

I've got my ideas who I fancy for winning each comp.

Obviosly I think there is only one winner in the recoiling class and Pianoman is the man there.

I think the best female shot is 99% taken aswell with Emma.

The rest ill hold out on, who knows I may be shocked.

Si.

ive just been doing some plinking today and at 35 yards i was getting 5p sized 1 holers with air arms, but some fliers aswell... because i mixed a tin of 4.51 and 4.52 together..LMAO

it really likes one size but hates the other.. just shows it can make a big difference in the size of same pellets..

might try wash and lube the best pellet for my barrel (when i find it) and check the differnce between lubed and un-lubed.. do a chrono aswell and see if it does make a big difference to the powerr.

i was getting good groups at 51 yards aswell when i was using the same size pellet hahaha.

saw my little deer friend aswell she was a bit shy today but kept showing herself :)

I know all the HFT lads do it at my club but Personally I dont bother ...I think its going way over the top and dont see a point in it.

Its just another reason for missing your target having unwashed pellet's. It's very geekish in my eye's... why cant they just put the pellet in the gun..point and pull the triger..if you miss you flippin miss.!!

Its an air rifle fireing snot ball size bit of lead at the end of the day...if you dont want to miss buy a shoty...I shot 2 crows with one shot tonight...all i did was point and pull the triger :thumbs:

Marty

Lots of my fellow HFT shooters go through these pre-shoot rituals before a shoot. Not sure if any of them know what difference it makes with accuracy and concede it's a confidence thing. Eliminating one area of doubt means they can go into competition with one less thing to worry about. In many highly competitive sports you find that the "ritual" is important even if it has no effect on performance. I pour pellets into my pocket and that's it; no pouch, no check and that's it.

Lots of my fellow HFT shooters go through these pre-shoot rituals before a shoot. Not sure if any of them know what difference it makes with accuracy and concede it's a confidence thing. Eliminating one area of doubt means they can go into competition with one less thing to worry about. In many highly competitive sports you find that the "ritual" is important even if it has no effect on performance. I pour pellets into my pocket and that's it; no pouch, no check and that's it.

I pour pellets into my pocket and that's it; no pouch, no check and that's it.

You dont know how much of a relife that come's :thumbs:

Someone Normal at last :laugh: :laugh:

Fancy coming for a shoot mate...Iv got one or two old pellet's ligging in the bottom of my pocket somewhere :laugh: :laugh:

Atvb

Marty :victory:

I pour pellets into my pocket and that's it; no pouch, no check and that's it.

You dont know how much of a relife that come's :thumbs:

Someone Normal at last :laugh: :laugh:

Fancy coming for a shoot mate...Iv got one or two old pellet's ligging in the bottom of my pocket somewhere :laugh: :laugh:

Atvb

Marty :victory:

If & when the others beat me I will start washing my pellets. My pre-shoot ritual is just as ODC but it's around the rifle and not the pellets. I open the gun-bag from each end, put the moderator on, charge the cylinder, wipe down the gun from front to rear then do ten minutes of stretching and bending. They probably think I'm a right twat but I swear it works. A little bit of Stevie Wonder on in the car and I'll take on the world. :)

I am not a royalist but even I know it was also her official birthday :)

Neither am I but I also know that it is customary to celebrate her birthday on the 2nd Saturday in June! ie while we are in Nottingham for the meet :yes:

Guess thats the advantage of being top of the toft's, have em as and when you want depending on the weather :yes:

According to some historians the Spencer family had more right to the throne of England than the Windsors! But who cares, certainly not me!

I can't see why washing and lubing pellets is not worth doing, apart from those that say it doesn't make any difference or its a waists of time.

I wouldn't say its a ritual either when people do it. It's more about good equipment preparation.

You fill your rifles to 180 or 190 bar if using a aa s410 to be straight in your sweet spot, you check zero prior to shooting, you calibrated your scope for holdover. This is not a ritual as you wouldn't get the results you do consistently without doing it. Same goes for pellet prep.

If your really serious about gaining the best results from your kit then loading it and shooting it with the best suited, clean and prepared ammo as surely got to be a good thing?

We already have many ballistic and other problems to over come to get good ending results like gravity, range estimation, angle to target, wind ect which all need assessing before we squeeze the trigger and that's before we put into the sinario a persons own shooting capabilities.

I just think limiting all the likely errors isn't a bad thing.

Si.

• Like 2