81 replies to this topic

#1 furgle

furgle

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:14 am

Well the moult has officially set in with most of our birds moulting heavily by now I seem to find myself bored out my skull most days so I thought I would start a thread just so everyone can put some of last seasons photos up :thumbs:

All shortwing and broadwing photos of our hunting days and kills

Here's a few to start it off here is my old male 8 year old flying at 1lb 8 to 1lb 9 ish towards the end of season blinding little male was amazing on rabbit considering his size was and so committed to them

Posted Image
Posted Image

A fair trade is no robbery :)
Posted Image
  • milo likes this

#2 banjo14

banjo14

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:03 am

heres my girl storm bred by jasper on here shes a lump of a birdPosted Image

#3 furgle

furgle

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:27 pm

Corr that is one big girl does she take hare??

Im flying a female this year shes moulting out now as we speak cant wait to get her smashing those bunnies :thumbs:
  • Callum Bethell likes this

#4 banjo14

banjo14

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:07 pm

yes mate she took 11 in her first season but 9 of those were half and three quarter grown.
thats the fatest she has ever been. i dont think you can beat bolted rabbits with a harris.

#5 furgle

furgle

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:20 am

yes mate she took 11 in her first season but 9 of those were half and three quarter grown.
thats the fatest she has ever been. i dont think you can beat bolted rabbits with a harris.

Oh how I love a good hare course :thumbs:
Fingers crossed I can get my new female taking them but to be honest im not going to rush her into it get quite a few rabbit under her belt first and get the head holds on the mark then well watch out hares lol

any more pics mate :hmm: ?
  • Callum Bethell likes this

#6 mickmck

mickmck

i have issues

• Donator
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:29 am

this is bob , ive had him nearly 2 year now , last season was a bit hit and miss with him , but hopeing he will improve this year , ive had females before , but like a male for that extra bit of speed

Attached Files

#7 j j m

j j m

No2 on the Thl welcoming committee.

• Donator
  • 19,430 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:47 pm

some nice harris hawks there

#8 banjo14

banjo14

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:58 pm

Oh how I love a good hare course http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub...
Fingers crossed I can get my new female taking them but to be honest im not going to rush her into it get quite a few rabbit under her belt first and get the head holds on the mark then well watch out hares lol

any more pics mate http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... ?
ill ask my mate if he has any cos i dont take a camera out with me but he does so usually gets quite a lot of pics.

#9 furgle

furgle

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:28 pm

ill ask my mate if he has any cos i dont take a camera out with me but he does so usually gets quite a lot of pics.

Nice one banjo would rally like this thread teaming with photos :thumbs:

#10 banjo14

banjo14

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:04 pm

this is ice the male to my pair of gyr saker crossesPosted Image

#11 banjo14

banjo14

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:06 pm

and this is my mates bird Posted Image

#12 furgle

furgle

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:41 pm

love the falcon pics mate I REALLY want to fly one of these only something small like a perixsaker male just for magpies and crows off the fist :) maybe next season or the one after once I got more pens built lol

#13 banjo14

banjo14

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:56 pm

crow hawking is good you get some excellent flights have you ever been and seen it.

#14 furgle

furgle

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:56 am

no mate never seen heaps of dvds though lol but never in the flesh :hmm:

Soon though I hope though banjo :thumbs:

#15 tomano1

tomano1

Extreme Hunter