firing shots is a good way to disturb a fox,but it dont move the ones that are to ground,and it dont tell how many have went back the way,as they wont always come out without the pressure of dogs chasing them,atb

As long as your standing guns are downwind of the foxes coming through then your fine. The ones that are too ground are not the concern on they days......... :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

firing shots is a good way to disturb a fox,but it dont move the ones that are to ground,and it dont tell how many have went back the way,as they wont always come out without the pressure of dogs chasing them,atb

As long as your standing guns are downwind of the foxes coming through then your fine. The ones that are too ground are not the concern on they days......... :thumbs:

Surely that is the concern for the DAY ! get foxes moving,going to ground ,and accounted for ?

Foxes around shoots alot,are wary of gunfire,but not to worried about it if not close.Foxes have been known to wait for a shot,then come in and Take a bird :yes:

If you get a few with shot going off ! treble that with Hounds i would imagine ;)

Surely that is the concern for the DAY ! get foxes moving,going to ground ,and accounted for ?

Foxes around shoots alot,are wary of gunfire,but not to worried about it if not close.Foxes have been known to wait for a shot,then come in and Take a bird :yes:

If you get a few with shot going off ! treble that with Hounds i would imagine ;)

Not many foxes will go to ground unless there pushed hard, with hounds you achieve this but not by walking the woods.....there more than happy just to saunter away from gunfire and shouts...... :thumbs:

you can't beat a nice pack of small hounds to get the foxes moving my pal has a small pack of beagle crosses they work like deamons all day and get the job done

I agree with you blue staffy! can't beat a small pack of hounds to get them on the move, just so happens we have a small pack and would be willing to assist. :D

Edited by wheaten

you can't beat a nice pack of small hounds to get the foxes moving my pal has a small pack of beagle crosses they work like deamons all day and get the job done

:hmm:

Do some of them X's hunt with'' Trash collars '' ? Mr Cubbies by any chance ?

If so how do they operate them at a distance ,if hounds are out of sight. When do you know when to use them ? Interested :thumbs:

:hmm:

Do some of them X's hunt with'' Trash collars '' ? Mr Cubbies by any chance ?

If so how do they operate them at a distance ,if hounds are out of sight. When do you know when to use them ? Interested :thumbs:

thats the 1s, collars are never realy used they just have them on just incase , if anyone sees the hounds up to no good they just shout on the radios and the button gets pressed